Re: [Clip] How Do I FocusApp to the Win Desktop?

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2000
      Hi Charles,

      At 01:00 PM 09/08/2000 -0000, you wrote:

      >Trying to run a Clips ^!Keyboard script which uses the Windows 98
      >Start menu to edit the "Documents" menu choice. Keystroke sequence is
      >worked out, but I can't get the Clip to focus on the desktop. It just
      >executes in the NTP Clips window.

      I just read this a second time and see that you are trying "to edit the
      'Documents' menu choice". I am not sure but it looks as though you want
      NoteTab to clear this item. Several of the items on the Start menu pop up
      are things that are set up by Windows. They do not exist as folders or
      files in many cases but as entries in the system registry. I do not know
      just off hand if it can be done but NoteTab does have a set of commands for
      editing the registry keys. I don't recommend it myself but you could make
      a backup copy of your registry then search for the keys that control what
      the "Documents" item displays and try manually editing them to see what
      happens and hope that it does not crash anything. If it works for you then
      you could use:

      ^$GetRegValue("[BaseRoot\]Key[:Name]")$ (added in v4.8)

      ^!SaveRegValue [BaseRoot\]Key[:Name]=Value (added in v4.8)

      and

      ^!ClearRegValue [BaseRoot\]Key[:Name] (added in v4.8)

      to make a clip to do what you want. Again, I'm not so sure it is worth it.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • cjbubeck@connext.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2000
        Hi Larry,
        I was trying to write a Clip which would clear the Documents
        listing on the W98SE Start menu. This is done normally by clicking
        Start, Settings, Tasks & Start Menu, the Start Menu Programs tab, and
        Clear in the Documents Menu section.
        But I agree, it doesn't seem feasible, nor worth any more effort.
        Actually, it is really quite quick and easy to clear the data with a
        few mouse-clicks. It's just my inclination to try to "Clipize"
        EVERYTHING.
        Thanks for taking the time to lend a hand.
        Cheers,
        Charles B.