Syntax Question

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2000
      Hi all,
      How's my syntax in the two liner clip? Problem? OK?

      H="test"
      ^!Set %fil%=c:\exmpl\mystuf\^$GetClipboard$.plx
      ^!Info ^%fil%

      Is this one of them spots where I get in trouble if there happens to be any
      spaces?

      In the ^!Set line, do I need quotes on everything to the right of the =

      P.S. I just copy the file (name only portion) to clipboard then I run the
      two liner clip. It works for me as is. (but there are no spaces in it this
      time) (From above, I use the ^!Set line in a slightly longer clip to run a
      file with .plx extension).

      Thanks. Regards. Alan.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2000
        Hi Alan, Wayne, and Eric,

        >H="test"
        >^!Set %fil%=c:\exmpl\mystuf\^$GetClipboard$.plx ^!Info ^%fil%
        >
        >Is this one of them spots where I get in trouble if there happens
        >to be any spaces?

        If you are taking it from the Clipboard and using it in Windows
        Run or the like, I would go with the spaces. Quotes, did I hear
        you say quotes? Don't ask. ;)

        ^!Set %fil%=""c:\exmpl\mystuf\^$GetClipboard$.plx""
        ^!SetClipboard """^%fil%"""
        ^!StatusShow Path on Clipboard ;) ^%fil%
        ^!Delay 10
        ; ^!Info ^%fil%

        Maybe Wayne will explain it in his upcoming Cross Reference 4.83 ;)

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips