Re: [Clip] Clip bar library versus the current library

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2000
      Hi Eb and Jody,

      At 05:54 PM 09/01/2000 -0400, you wrote:
      >Hi Jody,
      >
      >>Yes, or just make ^$GetLibraryName$ do that. If you are the one
      >>running the Clip you ought to know what Library it is in already.
      >
      >But that was precisely the problem -- I didn't know which library was going
      >to be default when the clipbar clip was being run. I needed to get the
      >default library name, not clipbar.clb.

      This is a bit tedious but if you have the will here is another way to be
      sure you have the default library name retrieved by a clipbar clip. Add
      the following clip to all of your clip libraries (yes, I said all - very
      tedious isn't it?).

      H="OnOpen"
      ^!TextToFile "LibName.txt" ^$GetLibraryName$

      Then place the following clipcode into the clip located on the clipbar that
      you want to retrieve the current default library.

      H="LibraryName"
      ^!Info ^$GetFileText(LibName.txt)$

      If you already have an Onopen clip in a library just add the above code in
      "OnOpen" as the first line of that clip. Everytime you change libraries,
      the new library that you open will replace the name in LibName.txt with its
      own so when you run the "LibraryName" clip you will get the current default
      name whether that library is open or not.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...