Re: [Clip] Clip bar library versus the current library [2]

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2000
      Hi Eb and Larry,

      >The clip I'm working on presents a checklist of active (checked)
      >and inactive (unchecked) libraries from which to select the new
      >active list. A second wizard presents the new active list for
      >chosing the new default library. My previous problem was about
      >highlighting the current library as default in this second
      >wizard.

      I don't know exactly what you are doing, but perhaps you can use:

      ^$GetDefaultValue(ValueList)$ (added in v4.6)
      ^$SetDefaultValue(ValueList;DefaultValue)$ (added in v4.6)

      There is an example Clip in SampleCode: Remember default value

      >Now I realized that if I remove the current lib from active duty,

      Did you enlist your Libraries into the Army? :) Or, were you one of
      those Wingnuts>:?รพ~~~~

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
    • Eb Guenther
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3, 2000
        Hi Jody, Larry,

        >I don't know exactly what you are doing,

        Me neither, ain't it exciting?! But if you are looking
        for something to read, below is the clip I was building
        for my clipbar, my own version of Charlie Raine's "Quickie
        Librarian".

        It displays a check list with active libraries pre-selected,
        and inactive (hidden) libs unselected. Once the new list is
        chosen, it is presented for selecting a new current library.

        I finally chose to use Jody's Keyboard command, simplified,
        even though it leaves me in an undefined state ("SetFocus"
        has no complementary "Get" function), and even though I'm
        never comfortable with scripting keyboard commands, since
        a keyboard could be redefined.

        BTW Larry, capturing the library name in each library
        will not work for default libraries (Utilities, Samples,
        etc) nor imported libraries, as they do not have the
        required command to capture the name in OnOpen.

        To make it easier to read, and provide comments for new NTabbers,
        I've isolated command lines between ";--- comment" lines.

        H="EbsQuickLib"
        ; Select (checkbox) libraries to be included in Active list
        ; by Eb Guenther <ntp@...>
        ;Inspired by Charlie Raine's "Quickie Librarian"
        ;--- delimit arrays for wizard
        ^!SetListDelimiter |
        ;--- get visible libraries, swap %NL% for "|", pre-select ("_")
        ^!Set %ActvLibs%=_^$StrReplace(^%NL%;"|_";"^$GetDosOutput(dir /b
        "^$GetLibraryPath$*.clb")$";0;0)$
        ;--- lop off trailing "_" (passive list joined after last "|")
        ^!SetArray %ActvLibs%=^$StrDeleteRight(^%ActvLibs%;1)$
        ;--- get hidden libraries (same as above, but don't pre-select)
        ^!Set %PassLibs%=^$StrReplace(^%NL%;"|";"^$GetDosOutput(dir /a:H /b
        "^$GetLibraryPath$*.clb")$";0;0)$
        ;--- lop off trailing "|"
        ^!SetArray %PassLibs%=^$StrDeleteRight(^%PassLibs%;1)$
        ;--- Remove protected libraries from selection list (hidden list)
        :Protected_libs
        ;--- look at last entry, if it's protected, decrease array size
        ^!If ^$StrIndex(^%PassLibs^%PassLibs0%%;1)$<>_ Skip ELSE ^!Dec %PassLibs0%
        ;--- no "_" means the remainder of the array is a keeper
        ^!Goto Protected_libs
        ;--- combine lists and offer for selection
        ^!SetArray %NewOnList%=^?{(T=A;H=25)CHECK to turn ON, Uncheck to turn
        OFF==^%ActvLibs%^%PassLibs%}
        ;--- First, hide ALL libraries,
        ^!SetFileAttr "^$GetLibraryPath$*.clb" H
        ;--- loop counter to "0" lets me place inc at top of loop
        ^!Set %ix%=0
        ;--- loop through selected libraries
        :loop
        ;--- INC at top makes bottom of loop a lot simpler
        ^!Inc %ix%
        ;--- UN-hide this file
        ^!SetFileAttr "^$GetLibraryPath$^%NewOnList^%ix%%" -H
        ;--- if not the last go to next file
        ^!If ^%ix%<^%NewOnList0% loop
        ;--- Pop to clipbook (if not there already)
        ^!SetFocus Clipbook
        ;--- Copy library name to clipboard
        ^!Keyboard Shift+Tab Ctrl+C Shift+Tab
        ;--- Set this name as default in wizard
        ^!Set %NewOnList%=^$SetDefaultValue(^%NewOnList%;^$GetClipboard$.clb)$
        ;--- choose default library from active list (default is current)
        ^!LoadLibrary ^?{(H=25)Choose the active library==^%NewOnList%}
        ;--- Force execution to continue, even if cancelled
        ^!IfCancel Next
        ;--- splash water in face, and in NoteTab's face. Youre done!
        ^!Refresh
        ;--- END OF CLIP

        BTW, I have left out such niceties as ^!SetWizard... because
        I like to keep my utilities lean and mean.

        Cheers,

        Eb
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3, 2000
          Hi Eb,

          >>I don't know exactly what you are doing,
          >
          >Me neither, ain't it exciting?!

          Perhaps you missed my post about ^$SetDefaultValue(...)$ with an
          example in the SampleCode Library. Here it is with the default
          Libraries. I just copied them from a Clip I use that anybody can
          get from my Libraries page to make real quick Library managers
          for the Clipbar (or just use as Clips). I use check boxes to
          either open/close All or selected Libraries. It is a no-brainer
          for anybody to make their own with in just a few clicks.

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/libtoggle.zip

          We have ^$GetFiles(...)$ also if you don't like DOS and will
          help prevent error like I got when running your Clip. Your's
          won't run on machines that need cmd.exe instead of command.com
          like we discussed not too long ago.

          Here is one I have in my LibToggle along with the first part of a
          work-around for Libraries starting with a "_" to prevent them
          from becoming a default (checked):

          ^!Set %AllLibraries%=^$GetFiles("^$GetLibraryPath$";*.clb;Name)$
          ^!Set %Libraries%=^$StrReplace("^$GetLibraryPath$";;"^%AllLibraries%";0;0)$
          ^!Set %Libraries%=^$StrReplace("_";"__";"^%Libraries%";0;0)$
          ^!Set %Libraries%=^$StrReplace(".clb";;"^%Libraries%";0;0)$

          This is how your remember the last used item in a wizard. You
          can do away with my keyboard thing or any ini file settings just
          by modifying your Clip a bit.

          H=Remember default value
          ;Create a new document
          ; ^!ToolBar New Document

          ;If the variable ValueList is not empty, skip the next instruction
          ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty(^%ValueList%)$ Skip
          ;Assign a list of values to the variable ValueList
          ^!Set %ValueList%=All|AutoCorrect|CaptureLinks|Euro|FormatEmail|FTP|_HTML|HTML-ar|PasteClips|RemindMe|SampleCode|Smilies|TxTPrint|TopStyle|Utilities

          ;Beginning of loop
          :StartLoop
          ;Promp user to select a value from the list in the Clip wizard
          ^!Set %DefaultValue%=^?{Choose or enter a new default value=^%ValueList%}
          ;Insert the chosen value in the document, followed by a line break
          ^!SetPasteIndent Off
          ^!InsertText Default value = ^%DefaultValue%^p
          ;Change the default-value marker to match the item chosen by the user
          ^!Set %ValueList%=^$SetDefaultValue(^%ValueList%;^%DefaultValue%)$
          ;Prompt user to continue or end Clip
          ^!Continue Continue demonstration?
          ;Jump back to the start of the loop
          ^!Goto StartLoop

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 4, 2000
            Hi Jody, and Larry,

            My clip may not have run properly because of a long line split.
            There should only be a SINGLE LINE betweeen each pair of
            ";--- comment" lines

            When push comes to shove, I like small compact code. So I've
            reverted to a single wizard to pick libraries for the button bar,
            and defaulting to the previous library, which may or may not be
            hidden.

            If you are still interested in seeing what the clip does in the
            remaining 17 lines of code, make sure you are not splitting long
            lines and delete the 11 (eleven) lines at the end of the clip
            between (but not including):

            ^!If ^%ix%<^%NewOnList0% loop

            and

            ^!Refresh
            ;--- END OF CLIP

            The long discussion was informative on several fronts, but I'm
            going to have to move on.

            Thanks for all your suggestions.

            Cheers,

            Eb