Re: [Clip] ^!SelectLine [BUT NOT ^P AT THE END OF LINE]

  • Piotr Bienkowski
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2000
      Hi

      I use the following one-liner to launch the file or folder that sits on
      the current line

      ^!Shell ^$FileToUrl(^$GetLine(^$GetRow$)$)$

      So maybe ^$GetLine(^$GetRow$) would also work, as it works for me.
      Actually it is one command embedded in another.

      Apparently it gets the line content without the ^p and passes it to the
      higher level command or a variable.

      HTH

      Piotr Bienkowski

      Am 00-08-30, 18:16:38, napisał Hans Witschi <interval@...> na temat

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2000
        Hi Piotr

        >I use the following one-liner to launch the file or folder that sits on
        >the current line
        >
        >^!Shell ^$FileToUrl(^$GetLine(^$GetRow$)$)$
        >
        >So maybe ^$GetLine(^$GetRow$) would also work, as it works for me.
        >Actually it is one command embedded in another.

        The following is all you need. You don't need to give it the current
        row number. That is what ^$GetLine$ does by itself. The extra is to
        specify a line before or after the current line.

        ^$FileToUrl(^$GetLine$)$

        ^$FileToUrl("FileName")$
        Converts a Windows file name to a URL file name. Example:
        ^$FileToUrl("c:\program files\index.htm")$ -> file:///c|/program%20files/index.htm

        ^$GetLine$ by itself would not necessarily give you a correct URL.
        It simply returns the data on the line.

        Larry pointed out what he was looking for though.

        nite...

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...