[Clip] Re: Sorting clip

  • Rod Davies
    Message 1 of 9 , May 21 5:58 PM
      Thanks Jody...

      >I already have something made that will do what you want with a
      >little modification and very fast also. It is in a new Library to
      >be released, NoteSort, shortly as soon as I get a small bug out of a
      >clip in it.

      We're all looking forward to it Im sure....

      BTW, if I can somehow mangae to write
      >these clips, I know you all can too. I think it is one of those
      >thingies having to do with getting started and it will click in all
      >the sudden. When I first saw the new code coming out I said - no
      >way! Oh well, wasn't be the first time I was wrong and surely not
      >the last.
      >
      >Happy NoteTabbin',
      >Jody Adair

      Well yes for one with no programing experience at all Im finding it easy at
      least to make simple clips. Any way that means i have more flexibility in
      my work and dont have to buy expensive programs that take up all my RAM and
      disk space to do 99% of things I dont want only to find they are inflexible
      in doing what I really need. Then the Web and internet changes so fast that
      these programs become out of date so fast anyway meaning expensive upgrades
      always in time and linvariably so in cost. Living in Malaysia, Thailand and
      Indonesia means buying software is a major investment with our exchange
      rates and salary levels.. So Note Tab is a great find. It will be worth
      the time to learn the NoteTab language Im sure..

      ....And yes, I did create a small program around 4 months ago to convert my
      nescape favourites into a text file which i could then easily template up
      to a Web page. Then I found you had already done it!

      Rod

      Orient Pacific Century
      Kuala Lumpur, Brisbane, San Francisco, Bangkok, Jakarta
      Orient Pacific Century http://www.orientpacific.com/
      Asia Pacific Management Forum http://www.apmforum.com/

    • Piotr Bienkowski
      Message 2 of 9 , May 23 12:40 AM
        Rod Davies wrote:

        > Thanks Jody...
        >

        > >I already have something made that will do what you want with a
        > >little modification and very fast also. It is in a new Library to
        > >be released, NoteSort, shortly as soon as I get a small bug out of a
        > >clip in it.
        >
        > We're all looking forward to it Im sure....
        > >
        > BTW, if I can somehow mangae to write
        > >these clips, I know you all can too. I think it is one of those
        > >thingies having to do with getting started and it will click in all
        > >the sudden. When I first saw the new code coming out I said - no
        > >way! Oh well, wasn't be the first time I was wrong and surely not
        > >the last.
        > >
        > >Happy NoteTabbin',
        > >Jody Adair
        >
        > Well yes for one with no programing experience at all Im finding it easy at
        > least to make simple clips. Any way that means i have more flexibility in
        > my work and dont have to buy expensive programs that take up all my RAM and
        > disk space to do 99% of things I dont want only to find they are inflexible
        > in doing what I really need. Then the Web and internet changes so fast that
        > these programs become out of date so fast anyway meaning expensive upgrades
        > always in time and linvariably so in cost. Living in Malaysia, Thailand and
        > Indonesia means buying software is a major investment with our exchange
        > rates and salary levels.. So Note Tab is a great find. It will be worth
        > the time to learn the NoteTab language Im sure..

        Exactly the same thing can be said of Poland. The M$ suite costs way above the
        minimum salary. I think Mr Gates encourages rather than fights piracy this way.

        OTOH, thanks to Eric Fookes for a rebate price for Poland!

        rgds

        Piotr BieĊ„kowski

      • Nicole Simon
        Message 3 of 9 , May 24 12:09 PM
          Rod Davies wrote:
          > Well yes for one with no programing experience at all Im finding it easy at
          > least to make simple clips.

          Rob, just take a look at Jody's clips. He really has started as nearly
          complete clipprogrammers idiot ;o) and look where he is now.

          Nicole
          --
          Thousands of years ago the Egyptians worshipped cats
          as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

          Message 4 of 9 , May 26 2:18 AM
            Hi Nicole.

            > Rob, just take a look at Jody's clips. He really has started
            > as nearly complete clipprogrammers idiot ;o) and look where he
            > is now.

            Yeppers, look where I am now - Advanced from idiot to clip makin'
            fool!-)

            H=Good NoteNite
            ; Boys and their toys...
            ^!Set %n%=0
            ^!SetHintInfo ^%Space%
            ^!StatusShow Good NoteNite
            ^!Delay 15

            :Loop1
            ^!StatusShow Happy NoteTabbin'
            ^!Delay 10
            ^!StatusShow
            ^!Delay 5
            ^!If ^%n% = "3" Skip_2
            ^!Inc %n%
            ^!Goto Loop1

            ^!StatusShow Good NoteNite
            ^!Delay 15

            :Loop2
            ^!StatusShow ^$GetDate(ddd, mmmm dd, yyyy - hh:nn:ss)$
            ^!Delay 1
            ^!If ^%n% = 50 Close
            ^!Inc %n%
            ^!Goto Loop2

            :Close
            ^!StatusClose

            Happy NoteTabbin',
            Jody Adair

            The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
            http://www.sureword.com/notetab
            NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
            http://www.notetab.com

          • Dennis Partridge
            Message 5 of 9 , May 26 3:23 PM
              Hi Everyone,

              It's been a while since I last posted. I am now working on various
              Genealogy clips that will interact with the web and individual genealogy
              files. I've run into a slight problem in one of the clips.

              Unfortunately when processing a clip which uses ^? it prompts that
              information first. This can be very difficult in a very interactive
              enviroment which my clips are. I need to be able to prompt in succession
              that I choose, regardless of whether it contains a ^? or not. The only
              solution that I can come up with is to create small clips of ^? and prompt
              for them using ^!Clip instead. Is there another workaround?

              For instance the following code:

              Edit Marriage Records
              ^!Set %find%=^?{Find What?=^%find%}
              ;Change default delimiter to a blank space
              ^!SetListDelimiter "|"
              ^!Set %whole%=^?[Whole Word?==Yes|No]
              ^!If "^%whole%" = "Yes" Yes
              ^!Set %C%=T
              ^!GoTo Find

              :Yes
              ^!Set %C%=C

              :Find
              ^!Open G:\gen\unknownmarriage.txt
              ^!Find "^%find%" IWS^%C%
              ^!IfError Error1
              ^!Select Line
              ^!SetArray %Array%=^$GetLine$
              ^!Continue ^%Array%
              ^!Find "" TIWS

              :Error1
              ^!Continue Not found!
              ^!Close

              Dennis N. Partridge
              partridge@...

              The SurnameWeb
              http://www.surnameweb.org/
              Co-Founder and Team Leader

              The Partridge Nest (note new address!!!)
              http://www.partridgenest.com/
              Webmaster

            • Raymond Fitzgerald
              Message 6 of 9 , May 26 3:35 PM
                Hi Dennis,

                >Unfortunately when processing a clip which uses ^? it prompts that
                information first.

                All you should need to do is change your square brackets to curly. From
                Help:

                "NoteTab can show Clip Wizards at two different stages during the execution
                of a Clip. When you define input fields using the "^?[...]" format, the
                Wizard is displayed before any of the Clip instructions are
                executed/evaluated. The Wizard is built from all such fields encountered in
                the Clip. The second format uses curly braces instead of square brackets
                "^?{...}". Before a Clip instruction is executed, NoteTab first checks if it
                contains fields for the Clip Wizard. If it does, NoteTab collects all the
                fields within the instruction and prompts the user with the resulting Clip
                Wizard. This lets the user complete the instruction before it is executed."

                Curly also works with ^!SetWizardTitle, ^!SetWizardLabel, and ^!IfCancel.

                Cheers,
                Ray Fitz

                Message 7 of 9 , May 26 3:49 PM
                  Hi Dennis,

                  >Is there another workaround?

                  Well, here's a question for a question - is this what you mean?
                  You'll have to put your info back in. In a line:

                  dog cat mouse

                  ...searching for dog

                  ...it will find dog, get the line then find dog, then cat, then
                  mouse and end.

                  Edit Marriage Records
                  ^!Set %Count%=^%Array0%
                  ^!Set %Index%=0

                  ^!Set %find%=^?{Find What?=^%find%}
                  ;Change default delimiter to a blank space
                  ^!SetListDelimiter "^%Space%"
                  ^!Set %whole%=Yes
                  ^!If "^%whole%" = "Yes" Yes
                  ^!Set %C%=T