Re: [Clip] Clip bar library versus the current library [2]

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2000
      Hi Eb, Jody, Eric and All,

      This actually works even if the clipbook is closed. You can press escape
      twice to activate a library and then if you click on another tab once but
      only once, it will switch to the other library without opening the
      clipbook. The clip will detect the changed library. If you click on the
      tab of the current library, it will open the clipbook from this condition
      but you will have to click on the tab of any other library three times
      (yes, I said three times countem!) to open the clip book.

      ---------< start clip >---------
      H="GetLibrary Name"
      ;Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
      ;08/31/2000, 05:20:58 PM
      ^!ProgIniSave
      ^!Info ^$GetValue(Clipbook:DefaultLibrary)$
      ^!ProgIniLoad
      ---------< end clip >-----------

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 31, 2000
        Hi Larry,

        I must not have been holding my mouth right when I tried that before
        posting. What can I say - mayne had my ProIni's reversed. <g>

        >---------< start clip >---------
        >H="GetLibrary Name"
        >;Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
        >;08/31/2000, 05:20:58 PM
        >^!ProgIniSave
        >^!Info ^$GetValue(Clipbook:DefaultLibrary)$
        >^!ProgIniLoad
        >---------< end clip >-----------

        Thanks!
        Jody

        Clean-Funnies: click and send...
        mailto:c-f@...?subject=Subscribe
      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1 1:09 PM
          Hi Eb,

          ^!SetIniFile
          ;without a file name this sets the default to Notepro.ini
          ^!ProgIniSave
          ^!Set %LibraryName%=$GetValue(Clipbook:DefaultLibrary)$
          ^!SetIniFile Small.ini
          ;switches the ini to the small one you want
          ^!SaveValue Clipbook:DefaultLibrary=^%LibraryName%
          ^!ProgIniLoad

          You could also replace the last command (^!ProgIniLoad) with:

          ^!Loadlibrary ^%LibraryName%

          Or:

          ^!Loadlibrary ^$GetValue(Clipbook:DefaultLibrary)$

          I do see that I have a typo above in that
          $GetValue(Clipbook:DefaultLibrary)$ is missing a circumflex at the beginning.

          Regards,

          Larry
          larryt@...
        • Eb Guenther
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 2 9:22 AM
            Hi Larry, Jody,

            Thanks for your comments and solutions.

            Since my first post on this subject another problem has shown up.

            The clip I'm working on presents a checklist of active (checked) and
            inactive (unchecked) libraries from which to select the new active list.
            A second wizard presents the new active list for chosing the new default
            library. My previous problem was about highlighting the current library as
            default in this second wizard.

            Now I realized that if I remove the current lib from active duty, it will
            disappear from the wizard, and cannot be set as default anyway. Even so I
            might want to keep that library as current. The only way to do that is not
            to select a different library. In other words, CANCEL out of the wizard.

            So, I'll just leave the clip as is -- no default lib (or maybe add a "Kepp
            Existing" choice). I will continue to cancel out of the wizard to chose
            the current library

            Thanks for your efforts guys. I did learn from your suggestions, even if I
            cannot go this route at this time.

            Eb
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 2 12:07 PM
              Hi Eb and Larry,

              >The clip I'm working on presents a checklist of active (checked)
              >and inactive (unchecked) libraries from which to select the new
              >active list. A second wizard presents the new active list for
              >chosing the new default library. My previous problem was about
              >highlighting the current library as default in this second
              >wizard.

              I don't know exactly what you are doing, but perhaps you can use:

              ^$GetDefaultValue(ValueList)$ (added in v4.6)
              ^$SetDefaultValue(ValueList;DefaultValue)$ (added in v4.6)

              There is an example Clip in SampleCode: Remember default value

              >Now I realized that if I remove the current lib from active duty,

              Did you enlist your Libraries into the Army? :) Or, were you one of
              those Wingnuts>:?รพ~~~~

              http://www.sureword.com/notetab

              Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
              mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
              http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
            • Eb Guenther
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 3 9:17 AM
                Hi Jody, Larry,

                >I don't know exactly what you are doing,

                Me neither, ain't it exciting?! But if you are looking
                for something to read, below is the clip I was building
                for my clipbar, my own version of Charlie Raine's "Quickie
                Librarian".

                It displays a check list with active libraries pre-selected,
                and inactive (hidden) libs unselected. Once the new list is
                chosen, it is presented for selecting a new current library.

                I finally chose to use Jody's Keyboard command, simplified,
                even though it leaves me in an undefined state ("SetFocus"
                has no complementary "Get" function), and even though I'm
                never comfortable with scripting keyboard commands, since
                a keyboard could be redefined.

                BTW Larry, capturing the library name in each library
                will not work for default libraries (Utilities, Samples,
                etc) nor imported libraries, as they do not have the
                required command to capture the name in OnOpen.

                To make it easier to read, and provide comments for new NTabbers,
                I've isolated command lines between ";--- comment" lines.

                H="EbsQuickLib"
                ; Select (checkbox) libraries to be included in Active list
                ; by Eb Guenther <ntp@...>
                ;Inspired by Charlie Raine's "Quickie Librarian"
                ;--- delimit arrays for wizard
                ^!SetListDelimiter |
                ;--- get visible libraries, swap %NL% for "|", pre-select ("_")
                ^!Set %ActvLibs%=_^$StrReplace(^%NL%;"|_";"^$GetDosOutput(dir /b
                "^$GetLibraryPath$*.clb")$";0;0)$
                ;--- lop off trailing "_" (passive list joined after last "|")
                ^!SetArray %ActvLibs%=^$StrDeleteRight(^%ActvLibs%;1)$
                ;--- get hidden libraries (same as above, but don't pre-select)
                ^!Set %PassLibs%=^$StrReplace(^%NL%;"|";"^$GetDosOutput(dir /a:H /b
                "^$GetLibraryPath$*.clb")$";0;0)$
                ;--- lop off trailing "|"
                ^!SetArray %PassLibs%=^$StrDeleteRight(^%PassLibs%;1)$
                ;--- Remove protected libraries from selection list (hidden list)
                :Protected_libs
                ;--- look at last entry, if it's protected, decrease array size
                ^!If ^$StrIndex(^%PassLibs^%PassLibs0%%;1)$<>_ Skip ELSE ^!Dec %PassLibs0%
                ;--- no "_" means the remainder of the array is a keeper
                ^!Goto Protected_libs
                ;--- combine lists and offer for selection
                ^!SetArray %NewOnList%=^?{(T=A;H=25)CHECK to turn ON, Uncheck to turn
                OFF==^%ActvLibs%^%PassLibs%}
                ;--- First, hide ALL libraries,
                ^!SetFileAttr "^$GetLibraryPath$*.clb" H
                ;--- loop counter to "0" lets me place inc at top of loop
                ^!Set %ix%=0
                ;--- loop through selected libraries
                :loop
                ;--- INC at top makes bottom of loop a lot simpler
                ^!Inc %ix%
                ;--- UN-hide this file
                ^!SetFileAttr "^$GetLibraryPath$^%NewOnList^%ix%%" -H
                ;--- if not the last go to next file
                ^!If ^%ix%<^%NewOnList0% loop
                ;--- Pop to clipbook (if not there already)
                ^!SetFocus Clipbook
                ;--- Copy library name to clipboard
                ^!Keyboard Shift+Tab Ctrl+C Shift+Tab
                ;--- Set this name as default in wizard
                ^!Set %NewOnList%=^$SetDefaultValue(^%NewOnList%;^$GetClipboard$.clb)$
                ;--- choose default library from active list (default is current)
                ^!LoadLibrary ^?{(H=25)Choose the active library==^%NewOnList%}
                ;--- Force execution to continue, even if cancelled
                ^!IfCancel Next
                ;--- splash water in face, and in NoteTab's face. Youre done!
                ^!Refresh
                ;--- END OF CLIP

                BTW, I have left out such niceties as ^!SetWizard... because
                I like to keep my utilities lean and mean.

                Cheers,

                Eb
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 3 2:47 PM
                  Hi Eb,

                  >>I don't know exactly what you are doing,
                  >
                  >Me neither, ain't it exciting?!

                  Perhaps you missed my post about ^$SetDefaultValue(...)$ with an
                  example in the SampleCode Library. Here it is with the default
                  Libraries. I just copied them from a Clip I use that anybody can
                  get from my Libraries page to make real quick Library managers
                  for the Clipbar (or just use as Clips). I use check boxes to
                  either open/close All or selected Libraries. It is a no-brainer
                  for anybody to make their own with in just a few clicks.

                  http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/libtoggle.zip

                  We have ^$GetFiles(...)$ also if you don't like DOS and will
                  help prevent error like I got when running your Clip. Your's
                  won't run on machines that need cmd.exe instead of command.com
                  like we discussed not too long ago.

                  Here is one I have in my LibToggle along with the first part of a
                  work-around for Libraries starting with a "_" to prevent them
                  from becoming a default (checked):

                  ^!Set %AllLibraries%=^$GetFiles("^$GetLibraryPath$";*.clb;Name)$
                  ^!Set %Libraries%=^$StrReplace("^$GetLibraryPath$";;"^%AllLibraries%";0;0)$
                  ^!Set %Libraries%=^$StrReplace("_";"__";"^%Libraries%";0;0)$
                  ^!Set %Libraries%=^$StrReplace(".clb";;"^%Libraries%";0;0)$

                  This is how your remember the last used item in a wizard. You
                  can do away with my keyboard thing or any ini file settings just
                  by modifying your Clip a bit.

                  H=Remember default value
                  ;Create a new document
                  ; ^!ToolBar New Document

                  ;If the variable ValueList is not empty, skip the next instruction
                  ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty(^%ValueList%)$ Skip
                  ;Assign a list of values to the variable ValueList
                  ^!Set %ValueList%=All|AutoCorrect|CaptureLinks|Euro|FormatEmail|FTP|_HTML|HTML-ar|PasteClips|RemindMe|SampleCode|Smilies|TxTPrint|TopStyle|Utilities

                  ;Beginning of loop
                  :StartLoop
                  ;Promp user to select a value from the list in the Clip wizard
                  ^!Set %DefaultValue%=^?{Choose or enter a new default value=^%ValueList%}
                  ;Insert the chosen value in the document, followed by a line break
                  ^!SetPasteIndent Off
                  ^!InsertText Default value = ^%DefaultValue%^p
                  ;Change the default-value marker to match the item chosen by the user
                  ^!Set %ValueList%=^$SetDefaultValue(^%ValueList%;^%DefaultValue%)$
                  ;Prompt user to continue or end Clip
                  ^!Continue Continue demonstration?
                  ;Jump back to the start of the loop
                  ^!Goto StartLoop

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 4 4:19 AM
                    Hi Jody, and Larry,

                    My clip may not have run properly because of a long line split.
                    There should only be a SINGLE LINE betweeen each pair of
                    ";--- comment" lines

                    When push comes to shove, I like small compact code. So I've
                    reverted to a single wizard to pick libraries for the button bar,
                    and defaulting to the previous library, which may or may not be
                    hidden.

                    If you are still interested in seeing what the clip does in the
                    remaining 17 lines of code, make sure you are not splitting long
                    lines and delete the 11 (eleven) lines at the end of the clip
                    between (but not including):

                    ^!If ^%ix%<^%NewOnList0% loop

                    and

                    ^!Refresh
                    ;--- END OF CLIP

                    The long discussion was informative on several fronts, but I'm
                    going to have to move on.

                    Thanks for all your suggestions.

                    Cheers,

                    Eb