[Clip] ^!SelectLine [BUT NOT ^P AT THE END OF LINE]

  • Hans Witschi
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2000
      ^!Select Line [BUT NOT ^P AT THE END OF LINE] [*** = see THE PROBLEM]

      Dear NoteTaber's,

      In order to save a text file, I use the following 1.clip,
      to CREATE a FILENAME and to put the file name on top of the document:

      ;anywhere from the text up to 59 characters
      ;e.g. "President Clinton in Africa NYT 20000830"
      ^!Set %SELECTIONTEXT%=^&
      ^!Jump Text_Start
      ^!InsertText ^%SELECTIONTEXT%
      ^!Jump Text_Start

      In order to GET RID OFF the SPACE beetween the words,
      I use the following 2.clip:

      ;file name should read= "President_Clinton_in_Africa_NYT_20000830"
      ^!Jump Text_Start
      ^!Jump Line_End
      ^!Replace " " >> "_" BA

      Now I want to save the file by choosing the right folder
      ^!Save AS "c:\windows\desktop\Politics\^&.txt", or
      ^!Save AS "c:\windows\desktop\Personal\^&.txt"

      BUT I don't want to highlight the line myself each time saving,
      so I click on my 3. clip:

      ^!SetWordWrap OFF
      ^!Jump Line_Start
      ^!Select Line
      ^!SetWordWrap ON

      The line is now nicely highlighted and the cursor is blinking on line 2...

      *** THE PROBLEM

      I click on my clip: "^!Save AS "c:\windows\desktop\Politics\^&.txt"

      Message box appears::
      ERROR CANNOT CREATE
      "c:\windows\desktop\Politics\President_Clinton_in_Africa_NYT_20000830||.txt"

      ... apparently "^!Select Line" selects the line,
      AND the ^P after the selection, which
      makes my "^!Save AS "c:\windows\desktop\Politics\^&.txt"
      unfortunately useless.

      So, I'm looking for something like this:
      ^!SetWordWrap OFF
      ^!Jump Line_Start
      ^!Select Line [BUT NOT ^P AT THE END OF LINE]
      ^!SetWordWrap ON

      Regards,

      Hans
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2000
        Hi Hans,

        At 12:16 PM 08/30/2000 -0400, you wrote:
        >^!Select Line [BUT NOT ^P AT THE END OF LINE] [*** = see THE PROBLEM]
        >
        >Dear NoteTaber's,
        >
        >BUT I don't want to highlight the line myself each time saving,
        >so I click on my 3. clip:
        >
        >^!SetWordWrap OFF
        >^!Jump Line_Start
        >^!Select Line
        >^!SetWordWrap ON
        >
        >The line is now nicely highlighted and the cursor is blinking on line 2...
        >
        > *** THE PROBLEM
        >
        >I click on my clip: "^!Save AS "c:\windows\desktop\Politics\^&.txt"
        >
        >Message box appears::
        > ERROR CANNOT CREATE
        >"c:\windows\desktop\Politics\President_Clinton_in_Africa_NYT_20000830||.txt"
        >
        >... apparently "^!Select Line" selects the line,
        >AND the ^P after the selection, which
        >makes my "^!Save AS "c:\windows\desktop\Politics\^&.txt"
        >unfortunately useless.
        >
        >So, I'm looking for something like this:
        >^!SetWordWrap OFF
        >^!Jump Line_Start
        >^!Select Line [BUT NOT ^P AT THE END OF LINE]
        >^!SetWordWrap ON

        Use ^!Select Eol

        ^!Select nnn
        or
        ^!Select +/-nnn
        or
        ^!Select
        [WORD(s)][LINE(s)][PARAGRAPH(s)][URL][FILENAME][HYPERLINK][ALL][BOL][EOL]
        ^!Select [EMAIL][HTMLTAG] (added in v4.8)
        Selects text in the document. Since version 4.8, setting the size to 0
        removes the selection. If the parameter is a number without a sign (+/-),
        the command will treat it as the amount of text to select from the cursor
        position. When a sign is used, the command will increase or decrease the
        size of the selection by the amount specified. If you don't specify a size
        value, you can use one of the following settings:

        WORD(s): selects the word at the cursor position. If several words are
        partially selected, WORDS extends the selection to include a whole word at
        each end.
        LINE(s): selects the line at the cursor position. If several lines are
        partially selected, LINES extends the selection to include a whole line at
        each end.
        PARAGRAPH(s): selects the paragraph at the cursor position. If several
        paragraphs are partially selected, PARAGRAPHS extends the selection to
        include a whole paragraph at each end.
        FILENAME: selects a file name at the cursor position.
        HYPERLINK: selects a NoteTab hyperlink at the cursor position.
        ALL: selects all the text in the document window.
        BOL: extends the selection to the beginning of the line.
        EOL: extends the selection to the end of the line.
        EMAIL: extends the selection of an e-mail address under the cursor (added
        in v4.8)

        HTMLTAG: selects a complete HTML tag (added in v4.8)

        Regards,

        Larry
        larryt@...
      • Piotr Bienkowski
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2000
          Hi

          I use the following one-liner to launch the file or folder that sits on
          the current line

          ^!Shell ^$FileToUrl(^$GetLine(^$GetRow$)$)$

          So maybe ^$GetLine(^$GetRow$) would also work, as it works for me.
          Actually it is one command embedded in another.

          Apparently it gets the line content without the ^p and passes it to the
          higher level command or a variable.

          HTH

          Piotr Bienkowski

          Am 00-08-30, 18:16:38, napisał Hans Witschi <interval@...> na temat

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2000
            Hi Piotr

            >I use the following one-liner to launch the file or folder that sits on
            >the current line
            >
            >^!Shell ^$FileToUrl(^$GetLine(^$GetRow$)$)$
            >
            >So maybe ^$GetLine(^$GetRow$) would also work, as it works for me.
            >Actually it is one command embedded in another.

            The following is all you need. You don't need to give it the current
            row number. That is what ^$GetLine$ does by itself. The extra is to
            specify a line before or after the current line.

            ^$FileToUrl(^$GetLine$)$

            ^$FileToUrl("FileName")$
            Converts a Windows file name to a URL file name. Example:
            ^$FileToUrl("c:\program files\index.htm")$ -> file:///c|/program%20files/index.htm

            ^$GetLine$ by itself would not necessarily give you a correct URL.
            It simply returns the data on the line.

            Larry pointed out what he was looking for though.

            nite...

            http://www.sureword.com/notetab

            Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
            mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...