Re: [Clip] Re: Simple clip starts a Perl file

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2000
      Hi Craig,

      > When this is executed, the working directory is automagically set to
      > the directory where the file is located. If it is a script I'm
      > currently editing, the File Open dialogue begins in the correct
      > directory.
      > A neat unintended "feature" that NoteTab provides is that after
      > selecting a file, your are presented with a confirm dialogue. If your
      > perl script uses command-line arguments, you can type them in here,
      > after the file name.

      Yes, I noted the above and how can add a command line argument by typing it
      in. Thanks for those tips.

      Though needed for a clip for PkZip for DOS, I also found the Chdir I had in
      mine perl clip was not needed. (Command lingo must be different (I hope it
      is ie 2 totally different apps) between PkZip for DOS and Perl)

      Call me crazy or call me a liker of bells and whistles . . . But mostly I
      was having fun with the "how to" part of how to structure the following.
      (I'm a not too old newbie, you see, on both the writing of clips and any
      kind or sort of programming).

      Note: I've no file filter in the open dialog as of yet. But it is easy to
      add. And, due to the skips utilized in the clip, may very well need to
      totally remove the 4 long line markers and revert the clip back to its
      former status of having consecutive as well as single spaced lines
      throughout. (I added/inserted the markers after I tested the clip).

      H="2KrunPerl"
      ;Alan Cummings 8-29-2000
      ;----------------------begin long line-------------------------
      ^!Set %rumblr%=^?{Choose one==choose path & type the filename^=skip_2|_use
      the file open dialog^=next}
      ;----------------------end long line-------------------------
      ^!Goto ^%rumblr%
      ^!Set %openfil%=^?{(T=O)Browse=}
      ^!Goto wrapup
      ;----------------------begin long line-------------------------
      ^!Set %Srcfldr%=^?{(H=10)(source) folder of Perl (.plx) file to run (end in
      backslash)==Browse|_c:\exmpl\|c:\exmpl\mystuf\}
      ;----------------------end long line-------------------------
      ^!IfSame ^%Srcfldr% Browse Next Else Skip
      ^!Set %Srcfldr%=^?{(T=D)Browse=}
      ^!Set %filnam%=^?{Name only of perl file to run=edit_this}.plx
      :wrapup
      ^!IfAppOpen "C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe" skip else next
      ^!cmd.exe
      ^!FocusApp "C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe"
      ^!Delay 3
      ^!IfSame "^%rumblr%" "skip_2" Next else skip_2
      ^!Keyboard #perl ^%Srcfldr%^%filnam%# ENTER
      ^!Goto end
      ^!Keyboard #perl ^%openfil%# ENTER

      Regards. Alan.