Re: [Clip] ini locations?

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2000
      Hi Alan,

      >In the past I had run setup of a clip or two which created its
      >own ini but it did so (put the created ini) in NoteTab's
      >libraries directory, not the C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\
      >(program) directory.
      >
      >What is the purpose of having the ini in the libraries folder?
      >
      >How do I utilize such ini located in libraries folder->must the
      >clip that originally created the ini be used in order for me to
      >partake of the settings stored in that particular ini?

      I suspect you used ^!SetIniFile to make it. The default is the
      Libraries folder. When the command was first introduced I reckon
      its main purpose what to build ini files for Libraries although
      it is not limited to that.

      ^!SetIniFile Name (added in v4.51)

      Defines where Clip variables are saved when using the SaveValue,
      ClearValue, and ClearValues commands and the GetValue function.
      By default, variables are saved in NoteTab's INI file (or
      registry if so configured). Use this command to define a
      different INI file. If you do not specify a path in the name, the
      specified INI file will be created in the Libraries directory. If
      you plan to distribute your library file, consider giving your
      INI file the same name as your library file (without the
      extension); you can use the ^$GetLibraryName$ for this purpose.
      The scope of this command is limited to the library in which it
      is invoked. It is reset when you change libraries or close the
      Clipbook. Invoke the command with no name to reset NoteTab's INI
      file as the default.

      ----

      If you want to use it in its location put the path in the launch
      Clip you have or move the file to NoteTab's main folder. As
      mentioned in the help above you can use ^!SetIniFile specifying a
      path to save the ini file to wherever you want including
      NoteTab's main folder.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...