Note from a tired newbie

  • Ed Wilson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2000
      I started with clips yesterday, to generate an environment in which I can
      generate and maintain a web site. Most things have worked first or second
      time - I'm impressed.

      Then I come to something which should be very simple, and I can't work out
      how to do it. My problem is probably that it's 6am and I should be in bed,
      but my question is as follows:

      How do I get a string variable containing the terminal file name of the
      current file (file.ext out of c:\path\file.ext)? $GetDocName$ gives me the
      full path name, but the string processing functions and arithmetic with
      variables have defeated me.

      For the moment... maybe after some sleep, or a coffee, or both.

      Ed