[Clip] Re: Marking selected text with opening and closing par tags

  • Kay Roath
    Message 1 of 6 , May 7, 1999
      5/6/1999 9:15 PM ptrewern@... wrote

      > I edit large documents......

      > > Inserts a <p> at the start of the selection, then searches
      > for the first ^p^p within the selection, replaces with
      > so on until it reaches the end of the selection and then
      > inserts </p>

      ALWAYS test on a COPY of your data!
      How large is large? I ran this on a selection of 4000 lines.
      Worked fine & was very fast :)
      (code lines - 1 short / 1 long)

      ^!Set %temp%=^$GetSelection$

      In answer to the request not quite stated :) - mark from the
      start of the first line to the end of the last line (don't
      include cr/lf on last line) of an unordered list & try this.
      (code - 1 short / 1 long again & assumes your list is a
      group of single lines)

      ^!Set %temp%=^$GetSelection$

      --- Grandma Kay ---
      http://notetab.kay.net

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/ntb-clips
    • Raymond Fitzgerald
      Message 2 of 6 , May 7, 1999
        Hi Kay Hi Paul,

        >^!Set %temp%=^$GetSelection$
        >^!InsertText

        I like Kay's a lot better!

        Cheers,
        Ray

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/ntb-clips
        Message 3 of 6 , May 7, 1999
          Hi Paul, Kay & Ray,

          > In answer to the request not quite stated :) - mark from the
          > start of the first line to the end of the last line.

          Here is a variation that someone might find useful when do large
          amounts of lines and/or paragraph alignment. I always have a
          time trying to manually clear selections from the top and bottom
          of text. (I know it is easy, but I don't do it often enough
          to remember which is what.) It is easier for me to do a line
          number. This is a lot easier than scrolling 4000 lines to
          select the text. :)

          I don't really like leaving a command undone like ^!SelectTo
          below because some of the commands cause error like that, but
          did not know any other way to do it without curly brackets
          causing a second wizard to popup.

          <-- Copy below this row - header is long line -->
          ; Paul, Ray, Kay, Jody, Clip List 05-07-1999
          ; Get end line number and place cursor anywhere on the start line.
          ; This assumes you have one blank line at the end of the selection.
          ; 5 lines below: 4 with ^! start and one with <p^%Align%>
          ^!Jump Line_Start
          ^!SelectTo ^$Calc(^?[Line number to select down to (leave blank if not used)]+1;0)$:1
          ^!^?[Select?==Select All|_None^=]
          ^!Select -2
          ^!Set %Align%="^?[(H=5)Align==left^= align=left|center^= align=center|right^= align=right|justify^= align=justify|_None^=]"
          <-- Copy above this row, Clipbook, right mouse, "Add from Clipboard" -->

          Happy NoteTabbin',
          Jody Adair

          The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab
          NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
          http://www.notetab.com

          eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/ntb-clips
          Message 4 of 6 , May 7, 1999
            Hi Paul, Kay & Ray,

            I had an emmediate need to use the clip and saw I did not allow
            for a current selection which it now does, sorry:

            <-- Copy below this row - long lines... -->
            ; Paul, Ray, Kay, Jody, Clip List 05-07-1999
            ; Preselect text or Get end line number and place
            ; cursor anywhere on the start line. This assumes
            ; you have one blank line at the end of the
            ; selection when using the wizard to select text.

            ^!Set %Select%=^?[Select?==Current selection^=1|Select All|_None^=]
            ^!IfTrue ^%Select% Current
            ^!Jump Line_Start
            ^!SelectTo ^$Calc(^?[Line number to select down to (leave blank if not used)]+1;0)$:1
            ^!^%Select%
            ^!Select -2

            :Current
            ^!Set %Align%="^?[(H=5)Align==left^= align=left|center^= align=center|right^= align=right|justify^= align=justify|_None^=]"
            <-- Copy above this row, Clipbook, right mouse, "Add from Clipboard" -->

            C ya,
            Jody

            http://www.sureword.com/sojourner

            Message 5 of 6 , May 7, 1999
              5/7/1999 8:01 AM Raymond Fitzgerald wrote

              > I like Kay's a lot better!

              I was comfortable with StrReplace as an option in Paul's
              case since he's working with data that's going on the web.
              I forgot to mention for new people on the list that it can't
              be used with text that contains clip code. Having several
              ways of doing things is a definate advantage & whether one
              is better than another really depends on what you happen to
              be doing at the moment :) It's also interesting to see how
              many ways things can be done in NoteTab. It becomes
              addictive. I'm often reminding myself of all the other
              things I really should be doing while fixing & testing a
              clip for the list but it's such fun!