Re: [Clip] Newbie with a project (macro? simple?)

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2000
      Hi Sheri,

      > Just wanted to thank you again for all the help. Its working
      > quite nicely now, and is considerably faster than before.

      Glad to hear it!

      > Imust have been lacking quotation marks when I tried focusing
      > "Where*" in the loop before.

      Yep, that will do it. I noticed you removed them awhile back and
      figured I'd let you find out for yourself so you could remember
      it better. We sort of have a rule of thumb on the list and that
      is if there are times that quotes are needed use them all the
      time for that command/function. In your case a single word does
      not need them, but since two or more (contains a space) requires
      them, then it is best to just get in the habit of using them for
      that command.

      > Now if only I could get through all the records -- over 1000 of
      > them!

      Try looping the whole Clip. You can also you a loop checking for
      like:

      ^!Delay 2
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsAltKeyDown$ Next else Skip_-1

      to look at the edit thing you wanted to in your program, even do
      a copy of it, and then press the Alt key when you want to get the
      prompt to enter your text.

      > That is the one place that the macro still occasionally fails,
      > swapping panes with SHIFT-TAB, followed by a Delay. <g>

      There might be a way, but it is hard to tell from this end. ;)

      > I am very impressed with what I've learned of NoteTab.

      Me too!!!

      > Reading the feature comparison, I noted that labels are
      > excluded from the Light version. I imagine they would be pretty
      > important for complex tasks, logical branching, etc.?

      Where are you reading that at? That should not be there anymore.
      Light now supports and Clip code that Standard does.

      You can use labels to loop with, to do subroutines, to skip lines
      or sections of the script under certain conditions, etc.

      ^!If 5 = ^%Number% Next else Letter
      ^!Goto Somewhere

      :Letter

      :Somewhere

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 8, 2000
        Hi Jody,

        > Try looping the whole Clip. You can also you a loop checking for
        > like:
        >
        > ^!Delay 2
        > ^!IfTrue ^$IsAltKeyDown$ Next else Skip_-1
        >
        > to look at the edit thing you wanted to in your program, even do
        > a copy of it, and then press the Alt key when you want to get the
        > prompt to enter your text.

        Both interesting ideas I'll have to play with <g>

        Just have to keep the two apps syncronized on the data. There are
        more records in the text file than are showing in the Catalog
        listing. Very often the next record in each app matches though.
        Also, I may try to alter the contents pasted in the description based
        on the value of my input field (beyond pasting the actual value of
        the field).

        > > That is the one place that the macro still occasionally fails,
        > > swapping panes with SHIFT-TAB, followed by a Delay. <g>
        >
        > There might be a way, but it is hard to tell from this end. ;)

        Is it possible to access the status line of the window (down at the
        bottom) similar to the titlebar text? When the focus is on the Left
        Side of the Explorer like window, the first field of the status line
        says "Loaded" and the second field has the name of the current disk
        or folder. When you switch to the right pane, the first field still
        says "Loaded" but the second field says "Previous Folder...". If I
        could somehow know that the second field equals "Previous Folder..."
        my ^!KEYBOARD DOWN would happen in the right place.

        > > Reading the feature comparison, I noted that labels are
        > > excluded from the Light version. I imagine they would be pretty
        > > important for complex tasks, logical branching, etc.?
        >
        > Where are you reading that at? That should not be there anymore.
        > Light now supports and Clip code that Standard does.

        Had a hard time finding it again <g>

        In the Help file, "Clip Language - Testing Conditions" last command
        shown is:

        >^$IsLightVersion$
        >Returns 1 if the NoteTab program currently running is the Freeware
        >version (trial mode not enabled), or 0 if it is not. Useful to check
        >if the full set of Clipbook commands are supported or not. The
        >Freeware version does not support labels (except EXIT) nor the
        >following features: RunPerl, RunGawk, RunScript.

        I'm not positive that this is where I read it, but it looks familiar.

        Take care,
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 8, 2000
          Hi Sheri,

          >Very often the next record in each app matches though.

          I suggested putting the data in your program into a variable and
          bringing it up in a wizard because if there is just a bit that
          changes you will have it right there and only have to edit what
          needs it. Same thing with selecting text and hitting Replace. ;)

          >Is it possible to access the status line of the window (down at the
          >bottom) similar to the titlebar text?

          It would depend on the program I suppose. Some windows cannot be read.

          >When the focus is on the Left Side of the Explorer like window,
          >the first field of the status line says "Loaded" and the second
          >field has the name of the current disk or folder.

          Try putting this in your Clip to see if it can be read. Use
          ^!Keyboard or however to get the focus to the bar.

          ^!Info ^$GetAppTitle$

          >Had a hard time finding it again <g>
          >
          >In the Help file, "Clip Language - Testing Conditions" last
          >command shown is:

          Are you in v4.82? This is what mine says under that:

          ^$IsLightVersion$
          Returns 1 if the NoteTab program currently running is the
          Freeware version (trial mode not enabled), or 0 if it is not.

          The rest of it was deleted.