Re: Newbie with a project (macro? simple?)

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 7, 2000
      Hi Jody,

      Just wanted to thank you again for all the help. Its working quite
      nicely now, and is considerably faster than before. I must have been
      lacking quotation marks when I tried focusing "Where*" in the loop
      before.

      I also added a

      ^!KeyboardDelay 0

      which helped, and got rid of the Keyboard typeout of my input field.
      Also enhanced the input field to include some multiple choices <g>

      Now if only I could get through all the records -- over 1000 of them!

      > > As displayed, this particular window looks kind of like the
      > > Windows Explorer, with a pane for Drives and Folders on the Left
      > > and another on the Right with file detail. The two panes are
      > > untitled.
      >
      > That might be a problem. ;)

      That is the one place that the macro still occasionally fails,
      swapping panes with SHIFT-TAB, followed by a Delay. <g>

      I am very impressed with what I've learned of NoteTab. Reading the
      feature comparison, I noted that labels are excluded from the Light
      version. I imagine they would be pretty important for complex tasks,
      logical branching, etc.?

      Take care,
      Sheri
    • Don Passenger
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 8, 2000
        so after all of this....does anyone have the complete version for us casual
        observers?

        ---
        Don Passenger
        Court Page: http://www.grand-rapids.mi.us/~dpasseng/grdc
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 8, 2000
          --- In ntb-clips@egroups.com, "Don Passenger" <dpasseng@i...> wrote:
          > so after all of this....does anyone have the complete version for
          us casual
          > observers?

          You really interested? <g> The keystrokes used are pretty special
          purpose, but if you're following the discussion, I guess it could be
          helpful. If is a work in progress though. -Sheri

          :Start
          ^!KeyboardDelay 0
          ^!FocusApp "Search"
          ^!IfSame "^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;6)$" "Search" Next else Skip_-1
          ^!Keyboard CTRL+T
          ^!FocusApp "Where*"
          ^!Delay 1
          ^!IfSame "Where" "^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;5)$" Next else Skip_-2
          ^!Delay 3
          ^!Keyboard SHIFT+TAB
          ^!Delay 3
          ;^!Info ^$GetAppTitle$ (This yields "Where Is It?" on both the left
          and right panes)
          ^!keyboard DOWN
          ^!Delay 1
          ^!Keyboard CTRL+E
          ^!FocusApp "Description Assistant"
          ^!IfSame "^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;21)$" "Description Assistant"
          Next else Skip_-1
          ^!FocusApp NoteTab*
          ^!Delay 2
          ^!Keyboard HOME
          ^!FocusApp Learn*
          ^!Set %NewData%=^?{Choose a value=NA|101|102|_201|205|210|320|400|400-
          S|XXX}
          ^!FocusApp "Description Assistant"
          ^!IfSame "^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;21)$" "Description Assistant"
          Next else Skip_-1
          ^!Keyboard ALT+C
          ^!Delay 1
          ^!Keyboard SHIFT+TAB
          ^!Delay 3
          ^!Keyboard CTRL+F
          ^!FocusApp "Search"
          ^!IfSame "^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;6)$" "Search" Next else Skip_-1
          ^!ActivateApp
          :GetTit
          ^!Find \t R
          ^!Keyboard Shift+Home
          ^!Keyboard CTRL+C
          ^!Keyboard HOME DOWN RIGHT
          ^!Skip Correct Title? ^$GetClipboard$
          ^!Goto GetTit
          ^!FocusApp "Search"
          ^!IfSame "^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;6)$" "Search" Next else Skip_-1
          ^!Delay 1
          ^!Keyboard CTRL+E
          ^!FocusApp "Description Assistant"
          ^!IfSame "^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;21)$" "Description Assistant"
          Next else Skip_-1
          ^!Delay 1
          ^!Keyboard CTRL+A
          ^!Delay 2
          ^!If ^%NewData% <>"NA" ^!SetClipboard ^$GetClipboard$ (^%NewData%)
          ^!Keyboard Ctrl+V
          ^!Keyboard Alt+O
          ^!Delay 12
          ^!Keyboard DOWN
          ^!ActivateApp
          ^!Goto Start
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 8, 2000
            Hi Sheri,

            >^!KeyboardDelay 0

            I forgot what you said you used that for like that?

            >^!FocusApp "Where*"
            >^!Keyboard SHIFT+TAB
            >^!Delay 3
            >;^!Info ^$GetAppTitle$ (This yields "Where Is It?" on both the
            >left
            >and right panes)

            It is still reading the other Titlebar then.

            >^!If ^%NewData% <>"NA" ^!SetClipboard ^$GetClipboard$ (^%NewData%)

            Good, but check your syntax on the first part. You might want to
            use ^!IfSame instead, but not note necessary.

            Jody with a "y" says, Good NoteNite! :)

            http://www.sureword.com/notetab

            Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
            mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
            http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
          • Sheri
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 9, 2000
              Hi Jody,

              > >^!KeyboardDelay 0
              >
              > I forgot what you said you used that for like that?

              The Keyboard keystrokes just go faster with that set

              > >^!FocusApp "Where*"
              > >^!Keyboard SHIFT+TAB
              > >^!Delay 3
              > >;^!Info ^$GetAppTitle$ (This yields "Where Is It?" on both the
              > >left
              > >and right panes)
              >
              > It is still reading the other Titlebar then.
              >
              > >^!If ^%NewData% <>"NA" ^!SetClipboard ^$GetClipboard$ (^%NewData%)
              >
              > Good, but check your syntax on the first part. You might want to
              > use ^!IfSame instead, but not note necessary.

              ok, but it works ;)

              I never was able to get selecting a field with a delimiter to work
              either.

              Think I mentioned before that I am using 4.81 with Trial Features
              enabled. Thought this included the full feature set, but I can't
              find the option to show unprintable characters.

              Also, I know that 4.82 is out, since you mentioned it. Is it
              possible to reinstall or update with a Trial version activated or
              should I stay with 4.81 for a month?

              Thanks,
              Sheri, with an "i" <g>
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 9, 2000
                Hi Sheri,

                >> >^!KeyboardDelay 0
                >>
                >> I forgot what you said you used that for like that?
                >
                >The Keyboard keystrokes just go faster with that set

                I guess that is what Eric meant by "Set nnn to 0 for maximum
                speed." in Help. ;) He might have a delay built in the command
                already - I'll find out sometime.

                >> >^!If ^%NewData% <>"NA" ^!SetClipboard ^$GetClipboard$ (^%NewData%)
                >
                >ok, but it works ;)

                Yes, but you should still keep your quotes or not quotes even and
                also the spaces:

                ^!If "^%NewData%" <> "NA"
                ^!If ^%NewData% <> NA

                ^!If Integer1 <>= Integer2
                ^!If "String1" <>= "String2"

                >I never was able to get selecting a field with a delimiter to
                >work either.

                Try ^$GetField(row:col)$ when in NoteTab. If it is from your
                other program you might try copying the line and use something
                like:

                ^!Toolbar Paste New
                ^!Set %Field%=^$GetField(1:col)$
                ^!Close Discard

                "Col" is not a character column, but a field column:

                field1=column1 field2=column2 field3=column3

                >Think I mentioned before that I am using 4.81 with Trial Features
                >enabled. Thought this included the full feature set, but I can't
                >find the option to show unprintable characters.

                View | Nonprinting text (Shift+F12) or the Toolbar/Shortcut menu

                (I checked this time to make sure I was right instead of going
                from memory like the Perl/Number Lines thread <g> thanks Larry)

                >Also, I know that 4.82 is out, since you mentioned it. Is it
                >possible to reinstall or update with a Trial version activated or
                >should I stay with 4.81 for a month?

                I don't think you will have any problem installing over 4.81.
                You might get lucky and reset the timer. <g>

                >Sheri, with an "i" <g>

                ;)