Re: [Clip] Re: Newbie with a project (macro? simple?)

    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 6, 2000
      Hi Sheri,

      >> ^!FocuaApp will take care of that, but you will still get the
      >> switching to NoteTab and back.

      > FocusApp was causing NoteTab to cover up the very part of the
      > Catalog I wanted to refer to while filling the input. But by
      > displaying both programs simultaneous (not maximized), that
      > didn't happen.

      OK, I understand now, but you still might want to use FocusApp to
      make sure once you fill in the field that the focus is indeed back
      on your edit field.

      You might want to copy the field in the Edit window of your app
      putting it into a variable and then use braces in your wizard with
      the variable in it so you can stay max'ed in both programs if that
      is the way you prefer it.

      You would get the focus in the edit window and then (if not already
      selected):

      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+A Ctrl+C ^!Set %Vari%=^$GetClipboard$ ^!Set
      %Vari2%=^?{Input=^%Vari%} ^!FocusApp ... ^!Keyboard ... >> Send the
      full Titlebar name please.
      > > The Title Bar just looking at it says Where Is It? in yellow in
      > italics followed by - Professional in white not italics. My >
      variable set to ^$GetAppTitle$ returned simply Where Is It?

      Try this:

      ^!FocusApp "Where*"
      ^!IfSame "Where" "^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;5)$" Next else Skip_-1

      or similar

      ^!FocusApp "Where*"
      ^!Delay 1
      ^!IfSame "Where" "^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;5)$" Next else Skip_-2

      You might have to play around with it for awhile, but something on
      that line should work and once you find it then it should not err
      and the there will be no wasted delay time to speak of.

      > As displayed, this particular window looks kind of like the
      > Windows Explorer, with a pane for Drives and Folders on the Left
      > and another on the Right with file detail. The two panes are
      > untitled.

      That might be a problem. ;)

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 7, 2000
        Hi Jody,

        Just wanted to thank you again for all the help. Its working quite
        nicely now, and is considerably faster than before. I must have been
        lacking quotation marks when I tried focusing "Where*" in the loop
        before.

        I also added a

        ^!KeyboardDelay 0

        which helped, and got rid of the Keyboard typeout of my input field.
        Also enhanced the input field to include some multiple choices <g>

        Now if only I could get through all the records -- over 1000 of them!

        > > As displayed, this particular window looks kind of like the
        > > Windows Explorer, with a pane for Drives and Folders on the Left
        > > and another on the Right with file detail. The two panes are
        > > untitled.
        >
        > That might be a problem. ;)

        That is the one place that the macro still occasionally fails,
        swapping panes with SHIFT-TAB, followed by a Delay. <g>

        I am very impressed with what I've learned of NoteTab. Reading the
        feature comparison, I noted that labels are excluded from the Light
        version. I imagine they would be pretty important for complex tasks,
        logical branching, etc.?

        Take care,
        Sheri
      • Don Passenger
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 8, 2000
          so after all of this....does anyone have the complete version for us casual
          observers?

          ---
          Don Passenger
          Court Page: http://www.grand-rapids.mi.us/~dpasseng/grdc
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 8, 2000
            --- In ntb-clips@egroups.com, "Don Passenger" <dpasseng@i...> wrote:
            > so after all of this....does anyone have the complete version for
            us casual
            > observers?

            You really interested? <g> The keystrokes used are pretty special
            purpose, but if you're following the discussion, I guess it could be
            helpful. If is a work in progress though. -Sheri

            :Start
            ^!KeyboardDelay 0
            ^!FocusApp "Search"
            ^!IfSame "^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;6)$" "Search" Next else Skip_-1
            ^!Keyboard CTRL+T
            ^!FocusApp "Where*"
            ^!Delay 1
            ^!IfSame "Where" "^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;5)$" Next else Skip_-2
            ^!Delay 3
            ^!Keyboard SHIFT+TAB
            ^!Delay 3
            ;^!Info ^$GetAppTitle$ (This yields "Where Is It?" on both the left
            and right panes)
            ^!keyboard DOWN
            ^!Delay 1
            ^!Keyboard CTRL+E
            ^!FocusApp "Description Assistant"
            ^!IfSame "^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;21)$" "Description Assistant"
            Next else Skip_-1
            ^!FocusApp NoteTab*
            ^!Delay 2
            ^!Keyboard HOME
            ^!FocusApp Learn*
            ^!Set %NewData%=^?{Choose a value=NA|101|102|_201|205|210|320|400|400-
            S|XXX}
            ^!FocusApp "Description Assistant"
            ^!IfSame "^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;21)$" "Description Assistant"
            Next else Skip_-1
            ^!Keyboard ALT+C
            ^!Delay 1
            ^!Keyboard SHIFT+TAB
            ^!Delay 3
            ^!Keyboard CTRL+F
            ^!FocusApp "Search"
            ^!IfSame "^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;6)$" "Search" Next else Skip_-1
            ^!ActivateApp
            :GetTit
            ^!Find \t R
            ^!Keyboard Shift+Home
            ^!Keyboard CTRL+C
            ^!Keyboard HOME DOWN RIGHT
            ^!Skip Correct Title? ^$GetClipboard$
            ^!Goto GetTit
            ^!FocusApp "Search"
            ^!IfSame "^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;6)$" "Search" Next else Skip_-1
            ^!Delay 1
            ^!Keyboard CTRL+E
            ^!FocusApp "Description Assistant"
            ^!IfSame "^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;21)$" "Description Assistant"
            Next else Skip_-1
            ^!Delay 1
            ^!Keyboard CTRL+A
            ^!Delay 2
            ^!If ^%NewData% <>"NA" ^!SetClipboard ^$GetClipboard$ (^%NewData%)
            ^!Keyboard Ctrl+V
            ^!Keyboard Alt+O
            ^!Delay 12
            ^!Keyboard DOWN
            ^!ActivateApp
            ^!Goto Start
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 8, 2000
              Hi Sheri,

              >^!KeyboardDelay 0

              I forgot what you said you used that for like that?

              >^!FocusApp "Where*"
              >^!Keyboard SHIFT+TAB
              >^!Delay 3
              >;^!Info ^$GetAppTitle$ (This yields "Where Is It?" on both the
              >left
              >and right panes)

              It is still reading the other Titlebar then.

              >^!If ^%NewData% <>"NA" ^!SetClipboard ^$GetClipboard$ (^%NewData%)

              Good, but check your syntax on the first part. You might want to
              use ^!IfSame instead, but not note necessary.

              Jody with a "y" says, Good NoteNite! :)

              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 9, 2000
                Hi Jody,

                > >^!KeyboardDelay 0
                >
                > I forgot what you said you used that for like that?

                The Keyboard keystrokes just go faster with that set

                > >^!FocusApp "Where*"
                > >^!Keyboard SHIFT+TAB
                > >^!Delay 3
                > >;^!Info ^$GetAppTitle$ (This yields "Where Is It?" on both the
                > >left
                > >and right panes)
                >
                > It is still reading the other Titlebar then.
                >
                > >^!If ^%NewData% <>"NA" ^!SetClipboard ^$GetClipboard$ (^%NewData%)
                >
                > Good, but check your syntax on the first part. You might want to
                > use ^!IfSame instead, but not note necessary.

                ok, but it works ;)

                I never was able to get selecting a field with a delimiter to work
                either.

                Think I mentioned before that I am using 4.81 with Trial Features
                enabled. Thought this included the full feature set, but I can't
                find the option to show unprintable characters.

                Also, I know that 4.82 is out, since you mentioned it. Is it
                possible to reinstall or update with a Trial version activated or
                should I stay with 4.81 for a month?

                Thanks,
                Sheri, with an "i" <g>
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 9, 2000
                  Hi Sheri,

                  >> >^!KeyboardDelay 0
                  >>
                  >> I forgot what you said you used that for like that?
                  >
                  >The Keyboard keystrokes just go faster with that set

                  I guess that is what Eric meant by "Set nnn to 0 for maximum
                  speed." in Help. ;) He might have a delay built in the command
                  already - I'll find out sometime.

                  >> >^!If ^%NewData% <>"NA" ^!SetClipboard ^$GetClipboard$ (^%NewData%)
                  >
                  >ok, but it works ;)

                  Yes, but you should still keep your quotes or not quotes even and
                  also the spaces:

                  ^!If "^%NewData%" <> "NA"
                  ^!If ^%NewData% <> NA

                  ^!If Integer1 <>= Integer2
                  ^!If "String1" <>= "String2"

                  >I never was able to get selecting a field with a delimiter to
                  >work either.

                  Try ^$GetField(row:col)$ when in NoteTab. If it is from your
                  other program you might try copying the line and use something
                  like:

                  ^!Toolbar Paste New
                  ^!Set %Field%=^$GetField(1:col)$
                  ^!Close Discard

                  "Col" is not a character column, but a field column:

                  field1=column1 field2=column2 field3=column3

                  >Think I mentioned before that I am using 4.81 with Trial Features
                  >enabled. Thought this included the full feature set, but I can't
                  >find the option to show unprintable characters.

                  View | Nonprinting text (Shift+F12) or the Toolbar/Shortcut menu

                  (I checked this time to make sure I was right instead of going
                  from memory like the Perl/Number Lines thread <g> thanks Larry)

                  >Also, I know that 4.82 is out, since you mentioned it. Is it
                  >possible to reinstall or update with a Trial version activated or
                  >should I stay with 4.81 for a month?

                  I don't think you will have any problem installing over 4.81.
                  You might get lucky and reset the timer. <g>

                  >Sheri, with an "i" <g>

                  ;)