[Clip] Re: Marking selected text with opening and closing par tag s

  • Raymond Fitzgerald
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 1999
      Hey Paul,

      >Inserts a <p> at the start of the selection, then searches for the first
      ^p^p within the selection, replaces with </p>^p^p<p>, searches for the next
      ^p^p and replaces and so on until it reaches the end of the selection and
      then inserts </p>

      Try this:

      H="Mark selected text"
      ; for Paul 050699/rayfitz
      ^!Set %Start%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
      ^!Jump SELECT_END
      ^!InsertText </p>
      ^!SelectTo ^%Start%
      ^!Replace "^p^p" >> "</p>^p^p<p>" HA
      ^!SetCursor ^%Start%
      ^!InsertText <p>

      >Thanks and hooroo

      "Hooroo"?

      Cheers,
      Ray

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/ntb-clips
    • ptrewern@vic.bigpond.net.au
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 1999
        > Hey Paul,

        > Try this:
        >
        > H="Mark selected text"
        > ; for Paul 050699/rayfitz
        > ^!Set %Start%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
        > ^!Jump SELECT_END
        > ^!InsertText </p>
        > ^!SelectTo ^%Start%
        > ^!Replace "^p^p" >> "</p>^p^p<p>" HA
        > ^!SetCursor ^%Start%
        > ^!InsertText <p>
        >
        > >Thanks and hooroo
        >
        > "Hooroo"?
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Ray

        Thanks once more to the NoteTabber community for another amazing fix for a problem, or even two.

        To explain hooroo.

        Using the problem you've solved for me, if <p> opens a paragraph, G'day opens a conversation. If </p> closes a par, hooroo closes the conversation.

        Hooroo is an informal goodbye, Cya, in Australian slang.

        Thanks again for your assistance, Paul.

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/ntb-clips