Re[2]: [Clip] Possible parser confusion, experts help needed

  • Eb Guenther
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2000
      Hi alwilli,

      >I'll try restrain calling for help until I've exhausted my
      >ingenuity. For the record, the working clip (shortened to
      >four arrays and altered to take that into account) follows.

      Though I'm not clear what your goal is, let me make some
      suggestions anyway. If they don't fit into your pllans just
      ignore them:

      If your %alpha% array serves only to iterate through the
      rows of arrays, you can use a letter or symbol after a number
      to keep it from being parsed as an index. For example
      change %bb% to %b_1_%, %bc% to %b_2_%, etc. Then you can
      use ^%b_^%num%_^%nom%%% directly, instead of by way of ^%curr%
      and ^%alpha%.

      If you also change %num% to %row% and %nom% to %col%, the
      above will look like ^%b_^%row%_^%col%%.

      With that you can change all uses of curr to row:
      ^%curr% --> _^%row%_
      and remove all assignments to %curr% and the entire alpha array.

      One more thing -- in the :reset section, increment %row% before
      testing it for last row.

      Good luck,

      Eb
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2000
        Hi Wayne

        > ...the revised NoteTab Reference Outline that I am taking
        > sooooo looong to complete. ;-) (Jody, rest assured I haven't
        > forgotten about it.

        I was starting to wonder. ;) I have been getting with a
        shortened version of your's where I stripped out all the Help
        file stuff only leaving the command/functions and added the ones
        for 4.82.

        I'll send you any syntax problems should I run across any.

        Thanks!
        Jody

        Clean-Funnies: click and send...
        mailto:c-f@...?subject=Subscribe