Re: timekeeping clips

  • Stephen Riddle
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28, 2000
      Hi, everyone,
      Day before yesterday, I decided I needed a clip to keep track of what
      I was doing and when. Putting .LOG on all my files just was not I had
      in mind. Something that would say I had such and such files open at
      such and such a time was.
      I searched clip-groups and came up with this thread, which is a year
      old:
      --- In ntb-clips@egroups.com, Jody <KJB1611@a...> wrote:
      > Hi Michael,
      >
      > > Has anyone created clips for project-oriented timekeeping? With
      > > log entry capabilities and such?
      >
      > Either Larry or Ray posted some clips awhile back to add time
      > stamps to a log. If you are looking for something to do it at
      > certain time intervals, the ^!TimerStart and ^!TimerPlay could be
      > used.
      >
      > So, what do you want? :-)

      And that's all I came up with, so I wrote this simple clip:

      H="worklog"

      ^!Set %addendum%=^%NL%^$GetDate(dddddd tt)$^%NL%Documents Open in
      Note Tab:
      ^!Set %documentsopen%=^$GetDocCount$
      ^!Append %addendum%=^%documentsopen%^%NL%
      ^!Set %shuffler%=1
      :shuffle
      ^!Set %thisdocument%=^$GetDocName(^%shuffler%)$
      ^!Append %addendum%=^%TAB%^%TAB%^%TAB%^%shuffler%:
      ^%thisdocument%^%NL%
      ^!Inc %shuffler%
      ^!If ^%shuffler%>^%documentsopen% SKIP
      ^!GoTo shuffle
      ;^!Info ^%addendum%
      ^!AppendtoFile "C:\Program Files\NoteTab
      Pro\Documents\worklog^$GetDate(yyymmdd)$.txt" ^%addendum%
      ^!TimerPlay worklog
      ^!TimerStart 900000

      (Watch the word wrap, If this form screws it up, you know what
      happens.)
      This click should create a text file unique to the date when first
      called, and update it
      every fifteen minutes with what files are currently open until the
      clipbook is closed.
      At the moment that's what I want. I left the commented ^!Info line
      for debugging just in case someone wants to remove the leading
      semicolon because they are in love with message boxes or something.
      Happy codin'

      Stephen