[Clip] Re: AutoReplace Libraries & Ini

    Message 1 of 14 , May 6 8:55 AM
      Hi Kay,

      >> H=Test4Kay
      >> ; Works fine for me by clicking for on/off.
      >> ^!Keyboard Shift+F4 Shift+F4 Shift+F10 R
      >
      > but gives DOCUMENT SHORTCUT menu if you use In-Context or
      > Ctrl+SpaceBar instead of clicking to execute the clip.

      I don't use that so I wouldn't know.

      > It's not a timing or system thing except that R on my shortcut
      > menu happens to be Sort Ascending. It's a starting focus thing
      > that changes with keyboard vs mouse usage.

      It am still not settled on that. When using the mouse on my
      system shift+f4 twice always works but fails on faster machines.
      Shift+f4 once fails on my machine but not on faster machines.

      ^!Focusdoc
      ...shift+f4 (once)
      seems to work for me in all cases (using click).

      > Actually, if you use the mouse, you don't need Shift+F4 because
      > you're focused in the clip area when you click there.

      See above.

      > If it's strictly for your own use & you always use the mouse,
      > you're safe :)

      OK, I see your point now - thanks. There is still a difference
      on machines when clicking in the Library though.

      C ya,
      Jody

      http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/ntb-clips
    • RS
      Message 2 of 14 , May 6 9:43 AM
        Hi Jody, Kay, Eric, and All:

        >There's just no reliable way of using a
        >clip/document toggle in a clip that's going to be
        >distributed to other people. If it's strictly for your own
        >use & you always use the mouse, you're safe :)

        Kay was right when she said the above.

        1) These work well as far as you use Ctrl+Space to trigger the Clip. They
        will fail using the mouse:

        ^!Keyboard Ctrl+G Shift+F4 Shift+F10

        ^!Keyboard Ctrl+F6 Ctrl+F6 Shift+F10

        ^!Keyboard Ctrl+G Ctrl+F6 Ctrl+F6 Shift+F10

        2) On the contrary, the one proposed by Jody works well with the mouse, but
        not with Ctrl+Space:

        ^!Keyboard Shift+F4 Shift+F4 Shift+F10

        Conclusion:
        Looks like Eric has something to fix here, if possible. Above all when you
        take into account that the next one, which opens the Clipbook Combo Context
        Menu, works BOTH with the mouse and with Ctrl+Space:

        ^!Keyboard Ctrl+G Ctrl+F6 Shift+F10

        Regards,

        RS

        Have you ever dreamed of...