Re: [Clip] Is ^c a token? [2]

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2000
      Hi Piotr,

      >> replacing ^c with \r replacing ^c in the expression.
      >
      > But it did not. I had to use ^[c]consummables, and then it
      > worked For the uninitiated [c] is one letter in a regexp class
      > by itself :)

      I do not know why it did not work for you unless there were more
      options in your Clip that was causing it not to be found. All my
      examples work here in Pro 4.82 and ^consummables "RI" also worked
      for me in Std when I tested.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
    • Claes Gauffin
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2000
        Hi Piotr and Jody,

        At 03:44 2000-07-03 -0500, you wrote:

        >> But it did not. I had to use ^[c]onsummables, and then it
        >> worked

        >I do not know why it did not work for you unless there were more
        >options in your Clip that was causing it not to be found. All my
        >examples work here in Pro 4.82 and ^consummables "RI" also worked

        I have missed some steps in this thread, but I wonder whether the following
        might have something to do with the problem:

        - Start NTP afresh

        - Make a search for ^consumables using the Find command and the regexp
        option.

        - It should behave just as Piotr described it (does for me at least).

        - Then make a one line clip:
        ^!Find "^consumables" TISR

        - It should behave just as Jody described it, ie find it nicely.

        - Now try the Find command again. Lo and behold! Now it works.

        Regards /Claes
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2000
          Hi Claes and Piotr,

          > - Start NTP afresh
          >
          > - Make a search for ^consumables using the Find command and
          > the regexp option.
          >
          > - It should behave just as Piotr described it (does for me at least).

          If you mean ^!Find "^c..." R, then it works first time for me in
          Pro on a fresh start. I asked Eric:

          > When doing a search in ^!Find/^!Replace with "R" are tokens
          > ^p/^t considered as RegExp? ^print R finds print at the
          > beginning of the line?

          Yes, it should ignore the traditional tokens ^p and ^t when in
          RegEx mode. I saw the posts on the newsgroup but have not had
          time to verify if there is a problem or not...

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
          mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
        • Piotr Bienkowski
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3, 2000

            > Yes, it should ignore the traditional tokens ^p and ^t when in
            > RegEx mode. I saw the posts on the newsgroup but have not had
            > time to verify if there is a problem or not...

            I think there is a problem but there also is a workaround :)

            Piotr

            > Happy Clip'n!
            > Jody
            >
            > http://www.sureword.com/notetab
            >
            > Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
            > mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
            > http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips

            > -- Life's too short to send boring email. Let SuperSig come to the
            > rescue. http://click.egroups.com/1/6137/8/_/2798/_/962661687/
            > --

          • Claes Gauffin
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 3, 2000
              Hi Jody,

              At 17:01 2000-07-03 -0500, you wrote:

              >> - Make a search for ^consumables using the Find command and
              >> the regexp option.
              >>
              >> - It should behave just as Piotr described it (does for me at least).
              >
              >If you mean ^!Find "^c..." R, then it works first time for me in
              >Pro on a fresh start.

              Nope, didn't make myself clear. Try again:

              - Start NTP afresh

              - Make a search for "^consumables" using the Find command in the
              Search menu with the regexp option (no Clip!)

              - It should behave just as Piotr described it, ie interpret ^c as a
              line break, and thus no hit (does for me at least).

              - Then make a one line clip:
              ^!Find "^consumables" TISR

              - It should behave just as Jody described it, ie find it nicely.

              - Now try the Find command in the Search menu again (no Clip).
              Now that works.

              Regards /Claes
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 4, 2000
                Hi Claes,

                > Nope, didn't make myself clear. Try again:

                > - Make a search for "^consumables" using the Find command in the
                > Search menu with the regexp option (no Clip!)

                OK. I saw Find command and my search menu in it is the white
                field that is made with the ^?[] code in the ^!Find command. <g>
                I see you must be talking about the Find dialog and if I remember
                correctly we saw this is the past with some other things.
                Nevertheless, RegExp needs a bit of tweeking, but still better
                than before. :)

                Thanks!
                Jody

                Clean-Funnies: click and send...