[Clip] AutoReplace Libraries & Ini

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4 8:56 PM
      Hi All,

      Could somebody explain why this does not work? I
      reported it to Eric as a bug and he says it is normal.
      Make a test Library if need be.

      It makes no difference whether the Library is normal or
      AutoReplace because that is changed when you change the
      Library content menu - it changes the V5 header, take
      your pick. :)

      = V5 MultiLine AutoReplace TabWidth=30
      = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

      H=";Info"
      The "Turn Off" Auto-Replace clips below works OK, but not
      "Turn On."

      Eric said after my explanation:
      That's normal and by design. The purpose of that command is to either disable AutoReplace mode when such a library is used, or enable the behaviour. It does not change a non-AutoReplace library into AutoReplace mode.

      Jody now:
      So, if you save this as a-test.clb and run these clips you will see that the On does not work. However, if you turn on Auto-Replace by either the clip or menubar (or Library content menu as far as that goes) the Off clip will indeed turn it off. Furthermore, the .ini file does get changed unless NoteTab is restarted, but only then from what I can tell. This is not the same behaviour as the other .ini entries, or at least the ones I have used so far.

      I see the difference now between the Menubar Auto Replace feature and the Library content menu, but that still does not explain why the On clip does not work. It marks the Menubar as Auto-Replace, but not the Library - no problem. neither does the Menubar mark the content menu (unlike the Content menu marking the Menubar) but it still works.

      H="AutoReplace On"
      ^!SaveValue Options:AutoReplace=1
      ^!ProgIniLoad NotePro

      H="AutoReplace Off"