NoteTab Command Line Was: Re: Clip cataloging

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 2, 2000
      Hi Alan, Eb, Larry T., Clippers,

      --- In ntb-clips@egroups.com, Eb Guenther <ebg@m...> wrote:
      > Also, if you want to run multiple instances of NoteTab at the same
      > time you must check the box next to Options/General/Allow Multiple
      > instances.

      With the instance parameter on the commandline, you can run multiple
      instances even if you have it checked in your "main" instance.

      This relates to a clip I posted a few weeks ago that allows one to
      create NoteTab command lines wiht the desired parameters, that can
      then be pasted into a shortcut, or used as a clip. I have a couple of
      specialized clips for special purpose use of NoteTab, that I find
      very helpful.

      Here is the clip:

      Note that is rely's on having the NoteTab 4.82 Utilities clip

      ---------< start clip >---------
      H="NoteTab CommandLine"
      ;Larry Hamilton, Jr. <Larry_H@...>
      ^!Set %path%=^$GetAppPath$
      ^!Set %pgm%=^?{NoteTab Version?

      ;Borrowed the _FillLibraryList clip and part of the SwitchLibrary
      clip from the Utilities.clb. Thanks to Eric for pointing out why this
      method is needed. Any Libraries that start with an "_" (underscore)
      need to have a space added in from of them, since the "_" has a
      special meaning in clip wizards. A major case of "if it was a snake
      it would have bit me." Thanks to Eric & Jody for their patience!
      ;^!Clip FillLibraryList
      ^!FarClip Utilities:FillLibraryList
      ^!Set %LibraryName%=^?{(H=10)Choose a library==_^%LibraryList%}
      ^!Set %lib%=^$StrDelete("^%LibraryName%";1;1)$

      ;**_CAUTION_**: Be careful with the use of the NoteTab.ini file. I
      trashed one and had to restore from backup. Be sure your ini files
      are backed up unless you do not mind re-creating all of your NoteTab
      settings, if there is a problem. ;)
      ^!Set %ini%=^$StrReplace("^$GetAppPath$";;"^$GetFiles
      ^!Set %ini%=^?{(H=15)Choose Library to Open==^%ini%}
      ^!Set %ini%=^$StrReplace(".ini";;"^%ini%";False;False)$
      ;Generates an Instance of NoteTab. Use needs to configure for their
      ^!Set %inst%=^?{Instance?=="HTML Editing"|"Java"|Default^=""}
      ;Since the ClipBar *.ctb files are in the Library directory, the
      ^$GetLibraryPath$ function can do double duty.
      ^!Set %bar%=^$StrReplace("^$GetLibraryPath$";;"^$GetFiles
      ^!Set %bar%=^?{(H=15)Choose Library to Open==^%bar%}
      ^!Set %bar%=^$StrReplace(".ctb";;"^%bar%";False;False)$

      ;Show the NoteTab Commandline that is created. This can then be
      copied and used to create a clip to launch different configurations
      of NoteTab.
      ;If you want to create a commandline that will launch a specific clip
      in the selected library, put a colon and the clip name after it
      like "/L=LibraryName:ClipName" I find this handy for running a
      specialized clip that needs to close all open documents. I tend to
      leave all of the documents I am currently working on open, so when I
      open NoteTab, I know what I was in the middle of. Yes, I know about
      favorites, but NoteTab lets me "do it my way." ;)
      ^!Info "^%path%^%pgm%"/L="^%lib%" /C=^%bar% /INST="^%inst%" /INI="^%
      ^!Delay 15
      ^!AppendToFile "D:\NoteTab\Documents\NoteTabCommandLines.txt" "^%path%
      ^%pgm%"/L="^%lib%" /C=^%bar% /INST="^%inst%" /INI="^%ini%"
      ^!Open "D:\NoteTab\Documents\NoteTabCommandLines.txt"

      ^!Run "^%path%^%pgm%" /L="^%lib%" /C=^%bar% /INST="^%inst%" /INI="^%
      ---------< end clip >-----------

      Larry Hamilton mailto:Larry_H@...
      My Web Site: http://notlimaH.tripod.com
    • Mitch Cameron
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 3, 2000
        Thanks, Piotr...>!

        I'll take a look.

        Mitch Cameron
        Dir. Business Process Engineering
        Office: 801-313-4914
        Cell: 801-971-8033

        "Piotr Bienkowski" <syntax@...>
        06/30/2000 11:41 PM
        Please respond to ntb-clips

        To: ntb-clips@egroups.com
        Subject: Re: [Clip] Clip cataloging

        >Starting notetab with a switch pointing to a different *.ini that
        >points to a different set of clip libraries (=toolbox)

        >Piotr Bienkowski
        >a clipper from Poland

        >> Hi folks....
        >> I'm not even sure how to phrase this question - terminology-wise.....
        >> But, is there a way to create 'toolboxes' of various clip libraries,
        >> and open one or more of them?

        Lonely? Get Firetalk!
        Free, unlimited calls anywhere in the world.
        Free voice chat on hundreds of topics.