Re: [Clip] Is ^c a token? [2]

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2000
      Hi Piotr,

      At 07:50 AM 07/02/2000 +0200, you wrote:
      >Using regexp I wanted to find the word consummables matching at the
      >beginning of line, so in the find box I entered
      >
      >^consummables
      >
      >but NT Pro 8.2 replied in a dialog

      You mean 4.82 I suppose???

      >onsummables" not found.

      This is wrong. It should find it at the beginning of a line correctly
      using regexpr with the new tokens Eric added replacing ^c with \r replacing
      ^c in the expression.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • Piotr Bienkowski
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2000

        > Hi Piotr,
        > >
        > >but NT Pro 8.2 replied in a dialog
        >
        > You mean 4.82 I suppose???

        Righto :)

        > >onsummables" not found.
        >
        > This is wrong. It should find it at the beginning of a line correctly
        > using regexpr with the new tokens Eric added replacing ^c with \r
        > replacing ^c in the expression.

        But it did not. I had to use ^[c]consummables, and then it worked
        For the uninitiated [c] is one letter in a regexp class by itself :)

        Regards

        Piotr BieĊ„kowski
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2000
          Hi Piotr,

          >> replacing ^c with \r replacing ^c in the expression.
          >
          > But it did not. I had to use ^[c]consummables, and then it
          > worked For the uninitiated [c] is one letter in a regexp class
          > by itself :)

          I do not know why it did not work for you unless there were more
          options in your Clip that was causing it not to be found. All my
          examples work here in Pro 4.82 and ^consummables "RI" also worked
          for me in Std when I tested.

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
          mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
        • Claes Gauffin
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3, 2000
            Hi Piotr and Jody,

            At 03:44 2000-07-03 -0500, you wrote:

            >> But it did not. I had to use ^[c]onsummables, and then it
            >> worked

            >I do not know why it did not work for you unless there were more
            >options in your Clip that was causing it not to be found. All my
            >examples work here in Pro 4.82 and ^consummables "RI" also worked

            I have missed some steps in this thread, but I wonder whether the following
            might have something to do with the problem:

            - Start NTP afresh

            - Make a search for ^consumables using the Find command and the regexp
            option.

            - It should behave just as Piotr described it (does for me at least).

            - Then make a one line clip:
            ^!Find "^consumables" TISR

            - It should behave just as Jody described it, ie find it nicely.

            - Now try the Find command again. Lo and behold! Now it works.

            Regards /Claes
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 3, 2000
              Hi Claes and Piotr,

              > - Start NTP afresh
              >
              > - Make a search for ^consumables using the Find command and
              > the regexp option.
              >
              > - It should behave just as Piotr described it (does for me at least).

              If you mean ^!Find "^c..." R, then it works first time for me in
              Pro on a fresh start. I asked Eric:

              > When doing a search in ^!Find/^!Replace with "R" are tokens
              > ^p/^t considered as RegExp? ^print R finds print at the
              > beginning of the line?

              Yes, it should ignore the traditional tokens ^p and ^t when in
              RegEx mode. I saw the posts on the newsgroup but have not had
              time to verify if there is a problem or not...

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 3, 2000

                > Yes, it should ignore the traditional tokens ^p and ^t when in
                > RegEx mode. I saw the posts on the newsgroup but have not had
                > time to verify if there is a problem or not...

                I think there is a problem but there also is a workaround :)

                Piotr

                > Happy Clip'n!
                > Jody
                >
                > http://www.sureword.com/notetab
                >
                > Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
                > mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
                > http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips

                > -- Life's too short to send boring email. Let SuperSig come to the
                > rescue. http://click.egroups.com/1/6137/8/_/2798/_/962661687/
                > --

              • Claes Gauffin
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 3, 2000
                  Hi Jody,

                  At 17:01 2000-07-03 -0500, you wrote:

                  >> - Make a search for ^consumables using the Find command and
                  >> the regexp option.
                  >>
                  >> - It should behave just as Piotr described it (does for me at least).
                  >
                  >If you mean ^!Find "^c..." R, then it works first time for me in
                  >Pro on a fresh start.

                  Nope, didn't make myself clear. Try again:

                  - Start NTP afresh

                  - Make a search for "^consumables" using the Find command in the
                  Search menu with the regexp option (no Clip!)

                  - It should behave just as Piotr described it, ie interpret ^c as a
                  line break, and thus no hit (does for me at least).

                  - Then make a one line clip:
                  ^!Find "^consumables" TISR

                  - It should behave just as Jody described it, ie find it nicely.

                  - Now try the Find command in the Search menu again (no Clip).
                  Now that works.

                  Regards /Claes
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 4, 2000
                    Hi Claes,

                    > Nope, didn't make myself clear. Try again:

                    > - Make a search for "^consumables" using the Find command in the
                    > Search menu with the regexp option (no Clip!)

                    OK. I saw Find command and my search menu in it is the white
                    field that is made with the ^?[] code in the ^!Find command. <g>
                    I see you must be talking about the Find dialog and if I remember
                    correctly we saw this is the past with some other things.
                    Nevertheless, RegExp needs a bit of tweeking, but still better
                    than before. :)

                    Thanks!
                    Jody

                    Clean-Funnies: click and send...