Is ^c a token?

  • Piotr Bienkowski
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2000
      Using regexp I wanted to find the word consummables matching at the
      beginning of line, so in the find box I entered

      ^consummables

      but NT Pro 8.2 replied in a dialog

      "
      onsummables" not found.

      Is ^c a token in standard finds? (without regexp) what does it stand
      for?

      Only ^[c]onsummables worked in my regexp find

      The same applies for all words starting with p that I want to find if
      the word matches at the beginning of line.

      I have to use ^[p]

      There seems to be a mixup between NTP tokens and regexp tokens.

      Any clues?

      Piotr Bienkowski
      a clipper from Poland