Re: [Clip] FTP clip

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2000
      Hi Larry,

      > The program is $80.00 though. If you can convice Eric that
      > this is a very useful thing for NoteTab users that are running
      > script compilers and updating Web Sites, you might be able to
      > get him to ad a ^!Touch command to version 5.0.

      How about a ^!SetFileDate "File" instead. :)

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
    • Eb Guenther
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2000
        Hi Jody, Larry,

        > > The program is $80.00 though. If you can convice Eric that
        > > this is a very useful thing for NoteTab users that are running
        > > script compilers and updating Web Sites, you might be able to
        > > get him to ad a ^!Touch command to version 5.0.
        >
        >How about a ^!SetFileDate "File" instead. :)

        I thought you guys wanted to change the file to some date other
        than the current, so I did not bother to post.

        Now I see! The current date can be applied to any Windows file
        with a DOS command (which you can run from NTP):

        copy /b source+,,

        The commas make the command act on the file without copying it to
        a destination file.

        I have no FAT system handy, so cannot test this command.
        I'll leave it to you to place into your own "Touch" command,
        which you could use every time you upload a file, etc.

        Good luck.

        Eb
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2000
          Hi Eb,

          >> How about a ^!SetFileDate "File;Date+Time" instead. :)
          >
          > I thought you guys wanted to change the file to some date other
          > than the current, so I did not bother to post.

          Yes, that is exactly what I want to do - change the date - for
          various reasons.