Re: [Clip] FTP clip

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2000
      Hi Jody,

      At 04:02 AM 07/01/2000 -0500, you wrote:
      >Hi Michael,
      >
      >> (NoteTab Pro could maybe do this too, doncha think? - discover
      >> the timestamp on a file via ftp?)
      >>
      >> That's my guestimation of the situation .. which renders the
      >> issue moot for me.
      >
      >I was hoping somebody would come up with a way for NoteTab to
      >change the date/time stamp on a file myself.

      Right now all I can think of is using another program for this. I have
      TakeCommand32 which is an alternative to the MS-DOS Command.com and it has
      a "Touch" command which will allow me to do this from a batch file that I
      can run from NoteTab. The program is $80.00 though. If you can convice
      Eric that this is a very useful thing for NoteTab users that are running
      script compilers and updating Web Sites, you might be able to get him to ad
      a ^!Touch command to version 5.0.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2000
        Hi Larry,

        > The program is $80.00 though. If you can convice Eric that
        > this is a very useful thing for NoteTab users that are running
        > script compilers and updating Web Sites, you might be able to
        > get him to ad a ^!Touch command to version 5.0.

        How about a ^!SetFileDate "File" instead. :)

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
      • Eb Guenther
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2000
          Hi Jody, Larry,

          > > The program is $80.00 though. If you can convice Eric that
          > > this is a very useful thing for NoteTab users that are running
          > > script compilers and updating Web Sites, you might be able to
          > > get him to ad a ^!Touch command to version 5.0.
          >
          >How about a ^!SetFileDate "File" instead. :)

          I thought you guys wanted to change the file to some date other
          than the current, so I did not bother to post.

          Now I see! The current date can be applied to any Windows file
          with a DOS command (which you can run from NTP):

          copy /b source+,,

          The commas make the command act on the file without copying it to
          a destination file.

          I have no FAT system handy, so cannot test this command.
          I'll leave it to you to place into your own "Touch" command,
          which you could use every time you upload a file, etc.

          Good luck.

          Eb
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1, 2000
            Hi Eb,

            >> How about a ^!SetFileDate "File;Date+Time" instead. :)
            >
            > I thought you guys wanted to change the file to some date other
            > than the current, so I did not bother to post.

            Yes, that is exactly what I want to do - change the date - for
            various reasons.