[Clip] Re: AJC's Quick Count

    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 1999
      Hi Aaron,,

      > ^!Set %SEARCH%=^?{Search String?=,};%CASE%=^?{Case
      > Sensitive?=_Yes^=True|No^=False};%WORD%=^?{Whole Words
      > only?=Yes^=True|_No^=False}

      I'm always learning on this list. I didn't know if your
      clip would work with no spaces between the variables -
      thought it might be a typo. However, NoteTab doesn't seem
      the care if there are no spaces or many spaces.

      ^!Set %SEARCH%=^?{Search String?=,}; %CASE%=^?{Case...
      ^!Set %SEARCH%=^?{Search String?=,}; %CASE%=^?{Case...
      ^!Set %SEARCH%=^?{Search String?=,}; %CASE%=^?{Case...

      etc... all work, at least with your clip.

      Happy Camper,
      Jody Adair
      Pro. 15:15

      mailto:Clean-Funnies-Subscribe@...

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/ntb-clips
    • Lawrence R. Thomas
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 1999
        Hi Aaron,

        At 12:05 PM 5/1/1999 -0700, you wrote:
        >Jody and all -
        >
        >In return for the help (as usual - you were great!), here's the clip that
        was
        >causing me problems.
        >
        >It will tell you how many times a string appears in the selected text.
        >
        >Ex: Select the following text
        >
        >this,is,a,list,of,data,items
        >
        >and run the clip on it, with "," as the search string, and it will return
        >"6", because there are 6 commas.

        Actually NoteTab Pro allows you to do this directly without using a clip
        for it. First select some text in your document - it will search the whole
        document if you don't. Then from the menu select Search | Count occurrences
        and then enter in the string you want to count and click "Count
        occurrences" and you will get your answer. Your clip does have the
        advantage of placing the information into a variable to be used in another
        clip if you want to.

        Regards,

        Larry
        larryt@...

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/ntb-clips
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 1999
          Hi Aaron and All,

          > ^!Set %SEARCH%=^?{Search String?=,}; %CASE%=^?{Case...
          > ^!Set %SEARCH%=^?{Search String?=,}; %CASE%=^?{Case...
          > etc... all work, at least with your clip.

          I was curious about the above so I made a special test clip to
          see if it was in all cases that it worked regardless off the
          spacing after the semi-colon. The answer is, no. Personally,
          I would stick with the space after the semi-colon since that
          is the standard.

          This errs:
          ^!Set %test1%=1; %test2%=2; %test3%=3
          ^%test1%