[Clip] Re: Execute Clip Wizards conditionally, rather than automatically?

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 1999
      Hi Aaron,

      > When you define input fields using the "^?[...]" format,...
      > The second format uses curly braces
      >
      > Perhaps the help file could call that out, or have a link to
      > the area of the help file that does explain that...

      This is true! It does tell you what the square does, but one
      could easily interpret the curly as if you feel like making the
      curly, go ahead. Kind of like the different formats for the
      other commands we are allowed.

      Sp├Ąter,
      Jody Adair

      I can only please one person a day.
      Today is obviously not your day.
      Tomorrow does not look good either. :-)
      http://www.sureword.com/sojourner/

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/ntb-clips
    • Kay Roath
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 1999
        4/30/1999 6:53 PM Jody wrote
        > Hi Aaron,
        >> Is there any way to have some instructions run BEFORE clip
        >> wizards are resolved? ...

        > When curly brackets are used around the code instead of
        > [square] they will not come up until their turn in the
        > script.

        A little more about curly vs square -

        Squares collect all the wizard lines & pop up one display.
        Curlies only work with the line of code where they're
        contained.
        ^!Set %a%=^?{First Name=}; %b%=^?{Last Name=}
        Would be one wizard display but if you did each on a
        different line, it would pop up the first one it came to &
        wait for input & then pop up the 2nd & wait for input.
        Also, with a square, you can put them in your code in any
        order you happen to think of them & use a numeric value to
        designate the order of display in the wizard. Curlies
        just go from left to right on a single line. You can use
        variables, wizard titles & wizard labels with curlies but
        not with squares.

        --- Grandma Kay ---
        http://notetab.kay.net

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/ntb-clips