[Clip] Execute Clip Wizards conditionally, rather than automatically?

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 1999
      Howdy all -

      I am writing a clip in which I use clip wizards to collect information.

      However, I want to do some error checking before invoking the Clip
      Wizards.

      Is there any way to have some instructions run BEFORE clip wizards
      are resolved? If certain conditions aren't met, the clip can't be run
      anyway, so it's silly to ask the user to set parameters before doing some
      error checking.

      So you have some details, an example condition is that text must be selected,
      so ^!IfFalse ^$GetSelSize$, then the clip can't run, so it shouldn't bother
      prompt the user with the various Clip Wizards in the clip.

      I tried breaking it out into a second clip - the first does the error
      checking,
      and the second has the clip wizards, and is only called if the first one
      decides it's appropriate, but that seems sloppy for a clip that's only like 12
      lines long.

      Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

      *AC*

      -Grover