Re: [Clip] Remove numbers from a document

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 7, 2000
      Hi Wayne,

      > I've worked on it bit by bit. I still have so many other
      > things going on that I haven't had a day to just sit down and
      > finish it. I use it for reference myself, and fix portions as
      > I find problems. But currently, most of the newer commands and
      > functions still lack cross-references.

      OK, thanks! Did you get my latest update? I don't remember if I
      sent it. It had all the IsNumber IsAplha and all those
      hyperlinked to each other - about 15-20 jumps.

      > Also I have a simple copy of the entire 4.82 Help file in.otl
      > format.

      Thanks!
      Jody

      Clean-Funnies: click and send...
      mailto:c-f@...?subject=Subscribe
    • PatHanneman
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2000
        Long time ago .... (06/05/2000), Wayne wrote:
        in re removing paragraph numbers from a document....

        >^!Find "^\D*\d+\. " SR
        >
        > ^ => Beginning of a line
        > \D* => Any number of non-digits
        > \d+ => One or more digits
        > \. => A literal period
        > => A Space

        Is there a way to replace the number with a ^P

        while using a ^!Replace, regular expression command? in one step like this?

        H="replace paragraph numbers - test"
        ;begin long line
        ^!Continue This clip removes paragraph numbers and ^%NL%separates paragraphs with a blank line. OK to continue?
        ;end long line
        ^!SetScreenUpdate OFF
        ^!Replace "^\d+\. " >> ^p SHRA
        ^!SetScreenUpdate ON