Re: [Clip] Remove numbers from a document

  • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 7, 2000
      Jody <KJB1611@...> wrote:
      >Hi Wayne,
      >
      >Thanks! Any word on "Wayne's Cross Reference 4.82" yet? :)

      I've worked on it bit by bit. I still have so many other
      things going on that I haven't had a day to just sit down
      and finish it. I use it for reference myself, and fix
      portions as I find problems. But currently, most of
      the newer commands and functions still lack cross-references.
      Also I have a simple copy of the entire 4.82 Help file in
      .otl format.

      --
      Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 7, 2000
        Hi Wayne,

        > I've worked on it bit by bit. I still have so many other
        > things going on that I haven't had a day to just sit down and
        > finish it. I use it for reference myself, and fix portions as
        > I find problems. But currently, most of the newer commands and
        > functions still lack cross-references.

        OK, thanks! Did you get my latest update? I don't remember if I
        sent it. It had all the IsNumber IsAplha and all those
        hyperlinked to each other - about 15-20 jumps.

        > Also I have a simple copy of the entire 4.82 Help file in.otl
        > format.

        Thanks!
        Jody

        Clean-Funnies: click and send...
        mailto:c-f@...?subject=Subscribe
      • PatHanneman
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2000
          Long time ago .... (06/05/2000), Wayne wrote:
          in re removing paragraph numbers from a document....

          >^!Find "^\D*\d+\. " SR
          >
          > ^ => Beginning of a line
          > \D* => Any number of non-digits
          > \d+ => One or more digits
          > \. => A literal period
          > => A Space

          Is there a way to replace the number with a ^P

          while using a ^!Replace, regular expression command? in one step like this?

          H="replace paragraph numbers - test"
          ;begin long line
          ^!Continue This clip removes paragraph numbers and ^%NL%separates paragraphs with a blank line. OK to continue?
          ;end long line
          ^!SetScreenUpdate OFF
          ^!Replace "^\d+\. " >> ^p SHRA
          ^!SetScreenUpdate ON