FTP commands clips

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2000
      Hi

      After I get the MS ftp.exe opened up to my ftp site then I can use the
      following (taken from a portion of a clip library of mine)

      ---------->begin clb section next line<--------------
      H=";DOS FTP Commands"

      H="ascii"
      ^!FocusApp FTP
      ;^!KeyboardDelay 200
      ;ascii
      ^!Delay 3
      ^!Keyboard #ascii#
      ^!Keyboard ENTER

      H="binary"
      ^!FocusApp FTP
      ;^!KeyboardDelay 200
      ;ascii
      ^!Keyboard #binary#
      ^!Keyboard ENTER

      H="discon & quit"
      ^!FocusApp FTP
      ;^!KeyboardDelay 200
      ;ascii
      ^!Delay 3
      ^!Keyboard #disconnect#
      ^!Keyboard ENTER
      ^!Keyboard #quit#
      ^!Keyboard ENTER
      ---------->end clb section previous line<--------------

      (clips are still a bit sloppy due to commented out lines/items as was
      experimenting) Nonetheless, it works.

      On my computer, the short delay alleviates a sort of tapping sound and it
      just works better with the delay. Without the delay I would sometimes need
      to launch the clip several times before it would work.

      I also have a primary duties script I run when merely uploading files to the
      root of my ftp; it opens, sets ascii, uploads dir\*.* files, disconnects,
      and quits.

      But these here clips plus I'll make a few more so as to serve the purpose of
      some ocasional tasks that I do. And for their use, I have another script
      that just opens my ftp then I can use the above clips for ocasional
      different sorts of tasks other than what the primary script accomplishes.

      Just sharing some stuff. Enjoy. I am somewhat of a newbie to clips and I
      am open to suggestions, ideas, comments.

      NoteTab is so cool! I just for the first time figured out the FTP script
      and got it working tonight. Are we having fun yet?

      Thanks. Alan.