Re: [Clip] Keep DOS Window Open

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2000
      Hi Larry and Wayne,

      Thanks for your help guys!

      > If I understand correctly ^!RunGawk and ^!RunPerl look for
      > their respective scripts in one of two places. Either they
      > look in the NoteTab Scripts folder for the name you give or in
      > they look for it in the current clipbook library as if you were
      > calling it as a subroutine with the ^!Clip command. That means
      > that you would have to have your script in the script folder as
      > Numlines.pl or in the active clipbook as if it were another
      > clip in order to use ^!RunPerl.

      Yes, I knew about calling the script in a Clip, but it never
      dawned on me to put it in the scripts folder. <g> It does allow
      a path though as my Clip showed.

      > The following clip will open the error file, if any errors were
      > generated.

      Thanks Wayne. I knew how to do the following for an error, but I
      want to see what was going on with or witch error in a window
      which I found out. ;)

      H="Check for error file"
      ^!SET %ERR%=^$GetStdErrorName$
      ^!IFFILEEXIST "^%ERR%" DISPLAYERROR