Re: [Clip] Keep DOS Window Open

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2000
      Hi Jody,

      At 11:32 PM 06/02/2000 -0500, you wrote:
      >Hi Larry,
      >
      >> ^!Command /k Perl Numlines or some such.
      >
      >Thanks, I had tried a .bat and ^$GetOutput(...)$ before writing.
      >I just didn't know how to get my text over and also kept getting
      >a path error that is could not find my script. When I saw I got
      >the same errors with your's as mine I new where else to look.
      >After stumbling around in the dark and finally remembering what
      >I needed I came up with this using your command.com line. your
      >
      >^!Deletefile numlines.bat
      >^!TextToFile "Doscmd.bat" @echo off^%nl%perl
      E:\PROGRAMS\PERL\LIB\NumLines.pl ^##
      >^!Set %Output%=^$GetOutput("numlines.bat")$
      >^!Command.com /k numlines.bat
      >^!SetClipboard ^%Output%
      >^!Toolbar Paste New
      >
      >My prblem was I was not putting the path to file in my command so
      >perl was just sitting there waiting for it. Had I know what it
      >was waiting for... My hind sight is 20/20. ;)

      If I understand correctly ^!RunGawk and ^!RunPerl look for their respective
      scripts in one of two places. Either they look in the NoteTab Scripts
      folder for the name you give or in they look for it in the current clipbook
      library as if you were calling it as a subroutine with the ^!Clip command.
      That means that you would have to have your script in the script folder as
      Numlines.pl or in the active clipbook as if it were another clip in order
      to use ^!RunPerl.

      H="Numlines"

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2000
        Hi Larry and Wayne,

        Thanks for your help guys!

        > If I understand correctly ^!RunGawk and ^!RunPerl look for
        > their respective scripts in one of two places. Either they
        > look in the NoteTab Scripts folder for the name you give or in
        > they look for it in the current clipbook library as if you were
        > calling it as a subroutine with the ^!Clip command. That means
        > that you would have to have your script in the script folder as
        > Numlines.pl or in the active clipbook as if it were another
        > clip in order to use ^!RunPerl.

        Yes, I knew about calling the script in a Clip, but it never
        dawned on me to put it in the scripts folder. <g> It does allow
        a path though as my Clip showed.

        > The following clip will open the error file, if any errors were
        > generated.

        Thanks Wayne. I knew how to do the following for an error, but I
        want to see what was going on with or witch error in a window
        which I found out. ;)

        H="Check for error file"
        ^!SET %ERR%=^$GetStdErrorName$
        ^!IFFILEEXIST "^%ERR%" DISPLAYERROR