Keep DOS Window Open

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2000
      Hi All,

      I forgot how to make the DOS Window stay open when running a Perl
      script, say NumLines for instance in SampleCodes. ???

      ^!RunPerl perl NumLines

      _Perl NumLines
      #
      # \perl\numline.pl
      #
      # begin
      while (<>) {
      $x=sprintf("%05d",$.);
      print "$x $_";
      }
      # end

      Thanks!
      Jody

      Clean-Funnies: click and send...
      mailto:c-f@...?subject=Subscribe
    • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2000
        Jody <KJB1611@...> wrote:
        >Hi All,
        >
        >I forgot how to make the DOS Window stay open when running a Perl
        >script, say NumLines for instance in SampleCodes. ???
        >
        >^!RunPerl perl NumLines

        ActivePerl is true 32bit windows program, so ^!RunPerl doesn't
        need a DOS Window.

        When you use ^!RunPerl, the selected text in the document
        is sent as input to the Perl program, and the output from
        the Perl program is inserted into the document. The following
        clip will open the error file, if any errors were generated.

        H="Check for error file"
        ^!SET %ERR%=^$GetStdErrorName$
        ^!IFFILEEXIST "^%ERR%" DISPLAYERROR
        ^!SOUND SystemAsterisk