Re: [Clip] Sorts

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2000
      Hi Ronald,

      > I am writing a clip to archive my e-bay auctions. At present,
      > I have them sorted by auction nr. I would like to be able to
      > select various variables and have the list resort in case I
      > need to find a username or e-mail address. Is this possible?

      Look in my NoteBlock and there is a Clip that will reorder
      delimited fields. I need to do some more work to is because it
      leaves extra delimiters out at the right of each line if all 8
      (?) fields are not used. Anyway, you can have say field number 4
      moved to field number one and the do a Sort with NoteTab's tool.
      It does not alter the original at all and makes a new doc.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/library.html

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2000
        Hi Ronald,

        > I have them sorted by auction nr. I would like to be able to
        > select various variables and have the list resort in case I
        > need to find a username or e-mail address. Is this possible?

        Look in my NoteBlock and there is a Clip that will reorder
        delimited fields.

        All fixed now and better than before. If you don't use a field
        in the wizard it will not be added to the output. In other
        words, if you have 6 fields in a tab delimited file and really
        only want four of them, but also reorder you might make it field:
        2, 4, 1, 3 omitting 5 and 6 from the out output. I did not make
        an option for it to sort, but maybe I will add that now. :) I
        leave it as a surprise if I do. Read the ReadMe above "ReOrder
        Fields be a longer explanation. (The extra delimiters are no
        longer inserted at the end of the line.)

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/noteblock.zip