Help with clip

  • J U
    Message 1 of 6 , May 21 11:58 AM
      Hey Guys-

      I'm a newbie to trying to program NoteTab and got myself a little
      confused. I'm currently making a template and was able to accomplish
      most of what I wanted. Here's what I want to do.

      Create a footer that says...

      Title (option here of either is finished or will be continued)

      [That part I can do but here comes the part I get stuck at]

      If the "is finished" then skip.
      If "will be continued" then post

      Read Chapter # of Title.

      Any ideas?

      Sarah

      Tex@...
      Message 2 of 6 , May 23 7:10 PM
        Hi Sarah,

        > Create a footer that says...
        >
        > Title (option here of either is finished or will be continued)
        >
        > If the "is finished" then skip.
        > If "will be continued" then post
        >
        > Read Chapter # of Title.

        I'm not sure exactly what you want, but this will skip all lines
        starting with Title that do not have "is finished" and then skip
        the next line in the script. At least I think it will. <bg>

        :Loop
        ^!Find "^pTitle" S
        ^!IfError End
        ^!If ^$StrCount("is finished";"^$GetLine$";0;0)$ = 1 Skip else Loop

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/list/ntb-clips
      • MARIANPA
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 24, 2011
          Hello,

          Hello,

          I am trying to create a clip that would replace the alphabet letters (ABCD..XYZ) with assigned Chinese characters ( A-鹿 B-倨 C-サ D-度... X-揭 Y-遑 Z- 逞)

          Does anyone have any idea if this can be accomplished and if yes, how.

          Thank you anticipated from your time and effort.

          M.P
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 25, 2011
            MARIANPA wrote:
            > replace the alphabet letters
            > A-鹿 B-倨 C-サ

            In a real programming language there'd be more elegant solutions and I'd
            certainly go for them. But in clips I'm a dedicated primitivist. So what
            I'd do is:

            ^!Replace "A" >> "鹿" WAST
            ^!Replace "B" >> "倨" WAST
            ^!Replace "C" >> "サ" WAST
            and so on to "Z"

            Axel
          • Dave
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 25, 2011
              Hi
              if you wanted to do anything like that it is easier to use
              http://www.babelstone.co.uk/Software/BabelPad.html
              THANKYOU DAVE M

              > I am trying to create a clip that would replace the alphabet letters
              > (ABCD..XYZ) with assigned Chinese characters ( A-鹿 B-倨
              > C-サ D-度... X-揭 Y-遑 Z- 逞)
              >
              > Does anyone have any idea if this can be accomplished and if yes, how.
              >
              > Thank you anticipated from your time and effort.
              >
              > M.P

            • Eb
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 27, 2011
                Mariana,

                You've gotten suggestions on how to replace the characters in a document. If you wanted to generate these character codes for Chinese letters from the keyboard, read on.

                Note, that these characters will not display as Chinese, but as iso codes, usable in an html document.

                You appear to already know how to create a clip.

                You need to create one clip for each alpha character you want to type for a specific chinese character. NAME the clip by the alpha character. As its content enter the iso code for the desired Chinese character. For example, using the codes you provided:

                H="A"
                鹿

                H="B"

                H="C"

                You can select the above three clips, and paste them into a library by right clicking in the clipbook, and selecting "Add from document".