[Clip] Re: Indian rope

  • emerge
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 26, 1999
      >Claes
      >So far I have only found one snag with clips: You can't run clips while in
      >the clip editor.
      >Since we don't require Erik to do the Indian rope trick, or lift himself in
      >the hair, I guess we can't ask for that either:)

      Nothing to do with comments but Here is some rope
      as an extra bonus trick
      the clip dynamically generates combo select values from an array.

      H=dynamicArray
      ^!SetArray %DYN%=Hello;Goodbye
      ;initial array variables declared above
      ;the arrays' values thereafter are
      ;dynamically generated from this clip
      ;i.e. this clip alters this clip by adding
      ;values to the above array
      ;***************
      ^!SET %IncIt%=0
      ^!INC %IncIt%
      ;The VALUES string in 2 parts
      ;due to the way notetab parses
      ^!SET %VALUES%="_^%DYN^%IncIt%%"
      ^!SET %add2%="^=^%IncIt%|"
      ^!SET %VALUES%="_^%DYN^%IncIt%%^%add2%"
      :Go
      ^!INC %IncIt%
      ^!SET %add2%="^=^%IncIt%|"
      ^!SET %VALUES%="^%DYN^%IncIt%%^%add2%|^%VALUES%"
      ^!If ^%IncIt% = ^%DYN0% WaitTheresMore
      ^!GoTo Go
      :WaitTheresMore
      ;The combos' values are dynamically generated
      ;depending on how many
      ;values are in the array %DYN%
      ;***************
      ^!SET %i%=^?{(T=C)Select the value==^%VALUES%}
      ^!continue Array %DYN% has ^%DYN0% values^%NL%You selected ^%DYN^%i%%
      ;***************
      ;the rope
      ^!Set %AddIT%=^?{add to array=xxData}
      ^!Continue Please confirm;^%NL%this will add ^%AddIT% to %DYN% array
      ^!Keyboard SHIFTDOWN F4 F10 E
      ^!Jump 2
      ^!Jump Line_End
      ^!Set %AddIT%=";^%AddIT%"
      ^%AddIT%
      ^!CLOSE
      ^!Keyboard SHIFT+F4 ENTER

      Grant MacKenzie;
      email; emerge@...

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/ntb-clips
    • Nicole Simon
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 27, 1999
        Kay Roath wrote:
        > Same way you do in a document with In-Context.
        > H=whatever
        > ^$StrReplace("^%nl%";"^%nl%;^%Space%";"^$GetSelection$";False;False)$

        Another method would be: Use the bullet char.
        Set your bullet char to the comment char and then you can
        type ctrl-shift-b to comment out things.

        Most of the time I have it set to # for my awk scripts.

        Nicole
        --
        Thousands of years ago the Egyptians worshipped cats
        as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/ntb-clips