Re: [Clip] Shortcut question

    Message 1 of 4 , May 3 6:33 PM
      Hi Clint,

      > Can I bind clips to shortcut keys i.e. lets say I want to press
      > ctrl-b for<b></b>....?

      That is already done for you in the HTML-ar Library, but not
      exactly the way you are wanting to do it.

      Open it up and type in <b and then one of the activating keys
      like a space or a return. Look up Auto-replace mode in Help
      for a full explanation of it.

      If you want one that does Ctrl-b then you would place this in
      a Library with auto-replace on.

      H=^-b
      ^!InsertText <B>^&<B>

      The ^& prevents the activation code from being printed into
      the document.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/list/ntb-clips
    • Raymond Fitzgerald
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3 6:51 PM
        Hi Jody,

        >If you want one that does Ctrl-b then you would place this in
        >a Library with auto-replace on.
        >
        >H=^-b
        >^!InsertText <B>^&<B>

        This is almost too good to be true! Tried it though and no workie. Can you
        help/verify?

        Thanks,
        Ray
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3 7:09 PM
          Hi Ray,

          >> If you want one that does Ctrl-b then you would place this in
          >> a Library with auto-replace on.

          H=^-b
          ^!InsertText <B>^&<B>

          > This is almost too good to be true! Tried it though and no
          > workie. Can you help/verify?

          Try change your keyboard speed as RS pointed out to me.
          Timing is crucial.

          Try this:

          H=^b
          ^!InsertText <B>^&<B>

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
          mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/list/ntb-clips
        • Eric G.V. Fookes
          Message 4 of 4 , May 4 1:01 AM
            Hi Clint,

            >Can I bind clips to shortcut keys i.e. lets say I want to press ctrl-b for

            Not in the current versions. But I hope to implement this in version 5.0...

            Regards,
            Eric Fookes
            NoteTab v4.81 available from