Re: [Clip] Do-nothing clip

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2000
      Eb
      > I need a suggestion for the single BEST clip command
      > that does nothing.

      How about:

      ---------->clip begins below this line<----------
      DoesNothing
      ;Alias "The Ghost Clip" Patent Pending by the Ghost Clip Writer Association
      dated . . .
      ;Alan Cummings 5-3-2000

      ;^!
      ---------->clip ends above this line<----------

      Alan C.
    • Eb Guenther
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2000
        Thanks for the suggestion, Alan,

        If I decide to use your contribution, I'll give you
        full credit <grin>.

        > > I need a suggestion for the single BEST clip command
        > > that does nothing.
        >
        >How about:
        >
        >---------->clip begins below this line<----------
        >DoesNothing
        >;Alias "The Ghost Clip" Patent Pending by the Ghost Clip Writer Association
        >dated . . .
        >;Alan Cummings 5-3-2000
        >
        >;^!

        But I was hoping for comments as to side-effects of running
        such a clip.

        At the moment I'm still leaning toward

        ^!Goto end

        because I have no reason not to.

        Cheers,

        Eb
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2000
          Hi Eb,

          > Thanks for the suggestion, Alan,
          >
          > If I decide to use your contribution, I'll give you full credit
          > <grin>.

          ROTFL. Actually, Alan's MONSTER CLIP was a perfect answer.

          > But I was hoping for comments as to side-effects of running
          > such a clip.

          Absolutely none. In fact, it is needed at times for certain
          scripts to work correctly like Alan learned in ClipClass. ;)

          > ^!Goto end
          >
          > because I have no reason not to.

          That is fine, as is:

          An empty clip with nothing in it
          ^!Insert
          ^!InsertText
          ^!InsertText ^%Empty%
          ^!Set %ThisIsADummyClipButNoteTabProRules%=

          In short - anything that will not interfere with anything else,
          so, the last one you may want to omit. Leave it to somebody to
          use such a variable. <g>

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
          mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/list/ntb-clips
        • Eb Guenther
          Message 4 of 5 , May 4, 2000
            Hi Jody,

            >^!Set %ThisIsADummyClipButNoteTabProRules%=
            >
            >In short - anything that will not interfere with anything else,
            >so, the last one you may want to omit. Leave it to somebody to
            >use such a variable. <g>

            Which is why I discarded my first effort:

            ^!ClearVariable %mephistophelies%

            There really WAS somebody who used this variable.
            'Course I never thought it could be MY code, that
            kept resetting his <BG>.

            Thanks,

            I know I'm kvetching about this too much.

            Eb
            Message 5 of 5 , May 4, 2000
              Hi Eb,

              > Which is why I discarded my first effort:
              >
              > ^!ClearVariable %mephistophelies%
              >
              > There really WAS somebody who used this variable.

              ARGH! <g>

              H=EmptyClip
              ; --- DO NOT DELETE --- called from ...

              H=DummyClip