Re: [Clip] Re: [NTB] KEYBOARD command??

    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2000
      Hi Claes,

      >>^!KEYBOARD ALT+F R 1
      >
      >I had this problem both with the File and the View menus, and got the
      >advice from Eric to enter a small delay within the command.
      >For example:
      >
      >^!KEYBOARD ALT+F &100 R 1

      If you are having problems, yes, add the delay. Nothing changed
      though that should effect the File menu, only the view menu.
      Some machines are slower than others and might need a delay in
      various places from the menubar or a low resource condition at
      any time could cause it like Carl's case turned out to be. He
      wrote me private eMail and said a reboot fixed it for him.

      These are some snips from the beta list:

      Dennis wrote:

      > ^!Keyboard:Alt+V N
      >
      > Stops at the view menu and prints N
      >
      > Works
      > ^!Keyboard:Alt+V &100 N

      Eric wrote:

      You've just discovered one of the side effects of the Clipbar
      submenu. In order not to affect the loading time of NoteTab, the
      Clipbar submenu is only built when the View menu (or the Clipbar
      popup menu) is opened for the first time. This take a little time
      as NoteTab needs to read the Libraries folder to find all the
      available Clipbar files.

      I wrote:

      > All of mine will be broke that, [use keyboard commands] minus
      > one or two maybe - it I'm lucky.

      Eric replied:

      Only those that use "Alt+V".

      Someone wrote whom I won't mention;->

      > There seems to be a minor change in the workings of the
      > ^!Keyboard command.
      > If you make an sequence with ALT+.. in order to activate a menu
      > command not available through ^!Toolbar, it works just fine for
      > all menus except "File" and "View". For those two ^!Keyboard
      > does not seem to react on more than the first character after
      > ALT.

      Eric replied:

      There's been no change to the Keyboard command, but there has
      been to the size of the View menu, which now has the Clipbar
      submenu. Timing is the reason your Keyboard command fails,
      because it takes longer for the View menu to build itself. Add a
      short delay between the Alt+key sequence and the next key to fix
      this.

      nite all...

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options