Re: [Clip] Multiple Choice Clip Wizard

    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2000
      Hi Sky,

      > I want/need to create a NTP clip that will show me a list of,
      > say, 20-30 often used keywords, where I can choose multiple
      > choices. Upon clicking "OK" the choices should be written to
      > the clipboard awaiting pasting...

      The ^!SetArray line is one long line. If it get split, place the
      cursor in front of the lines that are split and hit backspace.
      Edit your word list to your pleasing at anytime. You can make
      different copies of it for different lists as well.

      Check out Eric's Album Express:
      http://www.fookes.com/album

      <--- Copy below this line --->
      H=MyWordPics
      ; Last Updated 05/01/2000, Sojourner@..., jody

      ^!ClearVariable %WordList%
      ^!ClearVariable %MyWordPics%
      ^!SetArray %WordList%=^?[(T=A;H=25)Check words to use=Favorite|Nature|Maps|Space|Waterfalls|ClipArt|Buttons|Animations|Bars|Family|Friends|Funnies|Wallpaper_0640x0480|Wallpaper_0800x0600|Wallpaper_1024x0768]
      ^!Set %Count%=^%WordList0%
      ^!Set %Index%=0
      ^!Set %Count%=0

      :Loop
      ^!Inc %Index%
      ^!If ^%Index% > ^%Count% Clipboard
      ^!Append %MyWordPics%=^%WordList^%Index%%^%nl%
      ^!Goto Loop

      :Clipboard
      ^!SetClipboard ^%MyWordPics%
      ^!StatusShow Words are on the Clipboard
      ^!Delay 15

      <--- Copy above this line, right --->
      <--- click over a Library, and --->
      <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->

      Happy Album Mak'n!
      -jody

      http://www.sureword.com/album
      http://www.fookes.com/album

      The Album Express List...
      mailto:Album-Express-Subscribe@...
    • Raymond Fitzgerald
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2000
        Hi Skylight,

        >I want/need to create a NTP clip that will show me a list of,
        >say, 20-30 often used keywords, where I can choose multiple
        >choices. Upon clicking "OK" the choices should be written to the
        >clipboard awaiting pasting...

        Jody and I must have been working on this at the same time! Well, here's
        another--actually a short and a long version. The short version requires you
        to maintain your list inside the clip:

        H="Keywords short"
        ; 050100/rayfitz
        ^!SetListDelimiter |
        ; long line follows!
        ^!Set %Keywords%=^?{(T=A;H=28)Choose your
        keyword(s)=Favorite|Nature|Maps|Space|Waterfalls|ClipArt|Buttons|Animations|
        Bars|Family|Friends|Funnies|Wallpaper_0640x0480|Wallpaper_0800x0600|Wallpape
        r_1024x0768}
        ; end of long line
        ^!SetClipBoard ^$StrReplace("|";", ";"^%Keywords%";False;False)$
        ^!Info Clipboard contains:^p^p^$GetClipBoard$
        ; end of clip

        The long version uses an INI (named after the library in which you place the
        clip) to save your keywords. The wizard also lets you add new keywords in
        addition to (or instead of) selecting existing keywords. You add them one at
        a time so that they're instantly added to the INI. The very last one added
        is defaulted to the next time you run the clip--I don't know whether this is
        desirable or undesirable behavior for you, but it can be changed.

        A note about the line:
        ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty(^$GetValue("ACDSee:Keywords")$)$ Skip
        This and the line following (^!SaveValue) serve to initially "load" the
        values into the INI. After that, the ^!SaveValue is always skipped--unless
        you delete the INI, copy the clip to another clip library, etc. So if
        additional keywords get added to the INI via the clip, you'll want to "back
        them up" by manually adding them inside the clip too.

        In if testing the clip you add some test values, here's a quick way to
        remove them from the INI. Just comment out the ^!IfFalse line and run the
        clip. You'll see the default list displayed again. (Don't forget to go back
        and uncomment the line!)

        Here's the long version:

        H="Keywords long"
        ; 050100/rayfitz
        ^!SetIniFile ^$GetLibraryName$
        ^!SetListDelimiter |
        ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty(^$GetValue("ACDSee:Keywords")$)$ Skip
        ; two long lines follow!
        ^!SaveValue
        ACDSee:Keywords=Favorite|Nature|Maps|Space|Waterfalls|ClipArt|Buttons|Animat
        ions|Bars|Family|Friends|Funnies|Wallpaper_0640x0480|Wallpaper_0800x0600|Wal
        lpaper_1024x0768
        ^!Set %Keywords%=^?{(T=A;H=28)Choose your
        keyword(s)=^$GetValue("ACDSee:Keywords")$}; %Add%=^?{Add a new
        keyword?==_No|Yes}
        ; end of two long lines
        ^!IfTrue ^%Add% Next else Info
        :LOOP
        ^!Set %New%=^?{Enter new keyword}
        ^!SaveValue
        ACDSee:Keywords=^$SetDefaultValue(^$GetValue("ACDSee:Keywords")$;^%New%)$
        ^!Set %Pipe%=""
        ^!If ^%Keywords% = "" Skip
        ^!Set %Pipe%=|
        ^!Append %Keywords%=^%Pipe%^%New%
        :INFO
        ^!SetClipBoard ^$StrReplace("|";", ";"^%Keywords%";False;False)$
        ^!Info Clipboard contains:^p^p^$GetClipBoard$
        ^!IfTrue ^%Add% Next Else End
        ^!Skip Add another keyword?
        ^!Goto End
        ^!Goto Loop
        ; end of clip

        Cheers,
        Ray
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2000
          Hi Sky,

          > H=MyWordPics
          > ^!Append %MyWordPics%=^%WordList^%Index%%^%nl%

          In the Clip I sent I thought perhaps you might have wanted your
          words in a different format than all on a new line. It is done
          on the Append line above.

          ; Adds a space after each word and no new line.
          ^!Append %MyWordPics%=^%WordList^%Index%%^%Space%

          ; Adds a comma followed by a space after each word and no new line.
          ^!Append %MyWordPics%=^%WordList^%Index%%,^%Space%

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
          mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/list/ntb-clips