Endora Mail to OTL

  • Sky- Surfer
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2000
      Hi All...

      I have over 300MG of email in Endora... (Yes, you read correctly
      - It's a long story really... hehehe)

      What I desperately need is an automated way to convert each mail
      folder into a new .otl file in NoteTab. (with each individual
      message in it's own heading...) I'm sure somebody out there
      already has such a clip... (fingers crossed...)

      All 300 MG, once stripped of ads etc, should only be a 20MG
      outline or so... (fingers crossed again...)

      Most of the crucial info in each email is in the first thru third
      paragraphs... All of the rest can be deleted (either
      automatically or by hand... :-(

      Thanx in advance...

      Skylight

      (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2000
        Hi Sky,

        Gee Sky, you don't ask for too much do you? :)

        Although MailBag Assistant will not delete the latter part of the
        posts it will convert them all too a NoteTab Outline in no time
        at all. You may encounter a resource problem deleting all but 3
        paragraphs from each post. A script certainly can do it and
        NoteTab is able. Eric will be working on MailBag, hopefully
        soon. Perhaps he can add a feature to only get the first so many
        lines if that many exists of a post and strip the rest to
        archive.

        Is has been said, "Try it, you'll like it." ;)
        http://www.fookes.com/mailbag

        I don't have the time to write you a script for it nor do I want
        to rack my brain calculating lines to delete. :)

        > I have over 300MG of email in Endora... (Yes, you read
        > correctly - It's a long story really... hehehe)
        >
        > What I desperately need is an automated way to convert each
        > mail folder into a new .otl file in NoteTab. (with each
        > individual message in it's own heading...) I'm sure somebody
        > out there already has such a clip... (fingers crossed...)
        >
        > All 300 MG, once stripped of ads etc, should only be a 20MG
        > outline or so... (fingers crossed again...)
        >
        > Most of the crucial info in each email is in the first thru
        > third paragraphs... All of the rest can be deleted (either
        > automatically or by hand... :-(

        Happy Bag'n!
        Jody

        mailto:MailBag-Subscribe@...