Multiple Choice Clip Wizard

  • Sky- Surfer
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2000
      Hello all...

      (This full posting, and the reasoning behind it, can be found in
      the ntb-OffTopic list titled: Using NTP to assist ACDSee
      descriptions (#246))

      I am in the process of assigning keywords to my huge picture
      collection, and am looking for a way to help automate the
      process...

      I want/need to create a NTP clip that will show me a list of,
      say, 20-30 often used keywords, where I can choose multiple
      choices. Upon clicking "OK" the choices should be written to the
      clipboard awaiting pasting...

      Sample Keyword Wizard:
      (Non-alphabetical - Listed by priority & usage)

      * Favorite
      * Nature
      * Maps
      * Space
      * Waterfalls
      * ClipArt
      * Buttons
      * Animations
      * Bars
      * Family
      * Friends
      * Funnies
      * Wallpaper_0640x0480
      * Wallpaper_0800x0600
      * Wallpaper_1024x0768

      Sample Output:
      (after making my multiple selections from the list above)

      Favorite, Nature, Waterfalls, Wallpaper_0800x0600

      This type of clip I have no idea where to start. Any help would
      be greatly appreciated.

      Many thanx in advance...

      Skylight

      (€  ¯`€  ·.€  ¸¸.€  ·´¯`€  ·.€  ¸¸.€  ·´¯`€  ·.€
      ¸¸.€  ·´¯`€  ·.€  ¸¸.€  ·´¯`€  ·.€  ¸¸.€  ·´¯`€  ·.€  ¸¸.€  ·´¯)
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2000
        Hi Sky,

        > I want/need to create a NTP clip that will show me a list of,
        > say, 20-30 often used keywords, where I can choose multiple
        > choices. Upon clicking "OK" the choices should be written to
        > the clipboard awaiting pasting...

        The ^!SetArray line is one long line. If it get split, place the
        cursor in front of the lines that are split and hit backspace.
        Edit your word list to your pleasing at anytime. You can make
        different copies of it for different lists as well.

        Check out Eric's Album Express:
        http://www.fookes.com/album

        <--- Copy below this line --->
        H=MyWordPics
        ; Last Updated 05/01/2000, Sojourner@..., jody

        ^!ClearVariable %WordList%
        ^!ClearVariable %MyWordPics%
        ^!SetArray %WordList%=^?[(T=A;H=25)Check words to use=Favorite|Nature|Maps|Space|Waterfalls|ClipArt|Buttons|Animations|Bars|Family|Friends|Funnies|Wallpaper_0640x0480|Wallpaper_0800x0600|Wallpaper_1024x0768]
        ^!Set %Count%=^%WordList0%
        ^!Set %Index%=0
        ^!Set %Count%=0

        :Loop
        ^!Inc %Index%
        ^!If ^%Index% > ^%Count% Clipboard
        ^!Append %MyWordPics%=^%WordList^%Index%%^%nl%
        ^!Goto Loop

        :Clipboard
        ^!SetClipboard ^%MyWordPics%
        ^!StatusShow Words are on the Clipboard
        ^!Delay 15

        <--- Copy above this line, right --->
        <--- click over a Library, and --->
        <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->

        Happy Album Mak'n!
        -jody

        http://www.sureword.com/album
        http://www.fookes.com/album

        The Album Express List...
        mailto:Album-Express-Subscribe@...
      • Raymond Fitzgerald
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2000
          Hi Skylight,

          >I want/need to create a NTP clip that will show me a list of,
          >say, 20-30 often used keywords, where I can choose multiple
          >choices. Upon clicking "OK" the choices should be written to the
          >clipboard awaiting pasting...

          Jody and I must have been working on this at the same time! Well, here's
          another--actually a short and a long version. The short version requires you
          to maintain your list inside the clip:

          H="Keywords short"
          ; 050100/rayfitz
          ^!SetListDelimiter |
          ; long line follows!
          ^!Set %Keywords%=^?{(T=A;H=28)Choose your
          keyword(s)=Favorite|Nature|Maps|Space|Waterfalls|ClipArt|Buttons|Animations|
          Bars|Family|Friends|Funnies|Wallpaper_0640x0480|Wallpaper_0800x0600|Wallpape
          r_1024x0768}
          ; end of long line
          ^!SetClipBoard ^$StrReplace("|";", ";"^%Keywords%";False;False)$
          ^!Info Clipboard contains:^p^p^$GetClipBoard$
          ; end of clip

          The long version uses an INI (named after the library in which you place the
          clip) to save your keywords. The wizard also lets you add new keywords in
          addition to (or instead of) selecting existing keywords. You add them one at
          a time so that they're instantly added to the INI. The very last one added
          is defaulted to the next time you run the clip--I don't know whether this is
          desirable or undesirable behavior for you, but it can be changed.

          A note about the line:
          ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty(^$GetValue("ACDSee:Keywords")$)$ Skip
          This and the line following (^!SaveValue) serve to initially "load" the
          values into the INI. After that, the ^!SaveValue is always skipped--unless
          you delete the INI, copy the clip to another clip library, etc. So if
          additional keywords get added to the INI via the clip, you'll want to "back
          them up" by manually adding them inside the clip too.

          In if testing the clip you add some test values, here's a quick way to
          remove them from the INI. Just comment out the ^!IfFalse line and run the
          clip. You'll see the default list displayed again. (Don't forget to go back
          and uncomment the line!)

          Here's the long version:

          H="Keywords long"
          ; 050100/rayfitz
          ^!SetIniFile ^$GetLibraryName$
          ^!SetListDelimiter |
          ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty(^$GetValue("ACDSee:Keywords")$)$ Skip
          ; two long lines follow!
          ^!SaveValue
          ACDSee:Keywords=Favorite|Nature|Maps|Space|Waterfalls|ClipArt|Buttons|Animat
          ions|Bars|Family|Friends|Funnies|Wallpaper_0640x0480|Wallpaper_0800x0600|Wal
          lpaper_1024x0768
          ^!Set %Keywords%=^?{(T=A;H=28)Choose your
          keyword(s)=^$GetValue("ACDSee:Keywords")$}; %Add%=^?{Add a new
          keyword?==_No|Yes}
          ; end of two long lines
          ^!IfTrue ^%Add% Next else Info
          :LOOP
          ^!Set %New%=^?{Enter new keyword}
          ^!SaveValue
          ACDSee:Keywords=^$SetDefaultValue(^$GetValue("ACDSee:Keywords")$;^%New%)$
          ^!Set %Pipe%=""
          ^!If ^%Keywords% = "" Skip
          ^!Set %Pipe%=|
          ^!Append %Keywords%=^%Pipe%^%New%
          :INFO
          ^!SetClipBoard ^$StrReplace("|";", ";"^%Keywords%";False;False)$
          ^!Info Clipboard contains:^p^p^$GetClipBoard$
          ^!IfTrue ^%Add% Next Else End
          ^!Skip Add another keyword?
          ^!Goto End
          ^!Goto Loop
          ; end of clip

          Cheers,
          Ray
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2000
            Hi Sky,

            > H=MyWordPics
            > ^!Append %MyWordPics%=^%WordList^%Index%%^%nl%

            In the Clip I sent I thought perhaps you might have wanted your
            words in a different format than all on a new line. It is done
            on the Append line above.

            ; Adds a space after each word and no new line.
            ^!Append %MyWordPics%=^%WordList^%Index%%^%Space%

            ; Adds a comma followed by a space after each word and no new line.
            ^!Append %MyWordPics%=^%WordList^%Index%%,^%Space%

            http://www.sureword.com/notetab

            Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
            mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
            http://www.egroups.com/list/ntb-clips