Re: [Clip] Basic Clip Basics

    Message 1 of 15 , May 1, 2000
      Hi Stephen,

      >> If you can remember there is only one Clipbook, then the rest
      >> should fall in place. The Clipbook allows access to Clips via
      >> Libraries so it is a book with many Clips in it. ;)
      >
      > Yes, but each of the Libraries is also a book with many Clips
      > in it (thus naturally people think of 'library' as synonymous
      > with 'clipbook'); and isn't it more the libraries and not the
      > clips that are edited in the "Clipbook Editor"; (as the clips
      > themselves get edited in the Clip Editor Shift-Ctrl-E)

      OK, how about this? In itself, the Clipbook is a book cover, the
      shell that wraps a book whether it is paperback, hardback,
      plastic, etc. You can see the "shell" if you move all the
      Libraries out of the Libraries folder (when NoteTab is closed).
      A Library is a collection of Clips. By itself, it is a book
      without a cover. Once it is activated in the Clipbook, it now
      has a cover with its name or title of the Library in the combo
      box field, the small upper window. The combo box is nothing more
      than the Library index contained in a window pane which is in
      alphabetical order.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/list/ntb-clips
    • rellieb-steve
      Message 2 of 15 , May 1, 2000
        > A Library is a collection of Clips. By itself, it is a book
        > without a cover. Once it is activated in the Clipbook, it now
        > has a cover with its name or title of the Library in the combo
        > box field, the small upper window.

        Yes, and what is being displayed in the clip list is a library of
        clips, not a 'book' of clips. :-/ (Clipbook??) Otherwise, let us
        call libraries 'books' and be done with it. (*.book instead of *.clb)

        So then: here is how I see it (re terminology).

        F4 opens the Library Tool. Note: the Library Tool doesn't need to
        display any libraries to open as a library tool.

        Shift-Ctrl-E opens the Clip Editor.

        [ And the term 'ClipBook' is resigned to be of historical interest
        only, re development of NTP, as Eric set out both to mess to people
        heads via terminology, and to create a very fine program. :-| ]

        --
        Stephen
        Message 3 of 15 , May 1, 2000
          Hi Stephen,

          > And the term 'ClipBook' is resigned to be of historical
          > interest only,

          I can't imagine NoteTab without the Clipbook. Your line
          there even brought a sadness about me. :(

          There would be so much work to do at this stage also, hundreds
          and hundreds of sites and reviews would be obsolete. I just
          can't image NoteTab without *thee* Clipbook.

          (I do think you had some good terminology though FWIW.)