Underline

  • Lotta
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30, 2000
      Jody,

      Your Underline clip doesn't behave correctly with 4.8. It's pasted on the line below selected text, but not aligned under the selection but immediately to the right if it.

      Can you tell me, please, how to alter it so it will work as before? I have tried ;)

      Lotta

      Underline
      ^!Jump Line_End
      ^!InsertText ^P^$StrFill(¯;^$GetLineSize$)$
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 30, 2000
        Hi Lotta,

        > Your Underline clip doesn't behave correctly with 4.8. It's
        > pasted on the line below selected text, but not aligned under
        > the selection but immediately to the right if it.

        I didn't know it was mine. ;)

        > Can you tell me, please, how to alter it so it will work as
        > before? I have tried ;)

        I suspect you change fonts to a variable width font. Try it with
        Courier New and see if it acts right for you. You might look at
        Eric's "Underline title" in Utilities and I also added one below
        that indents the line (and underline) 5 spaces. Change the 5 in
        both places if you want a different size indent.

        H=Underline
        ^!Jump Line_End
        ^!InsertText ^P^$StrFill(¯;^$GetLineSize$)$

        H=UnderLine +5
        ^!Jump Line_End
        ^!InsertText ^P^$StrFill(" ";5)$^$StrFill(¯;^$GetLineSize$)$
        ^!Jump -1
        ^!InsertText ^$StrFill(" ";5)$

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/list/ntb-clips
      • Lotta
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 30, 2000
          Jody,

          >I didn't know it was mine. ;)

          Got it from you...

          >I suspect you change fonts to a variable width font. >Try it with Courier New

          That's not it. Have used Courier New all the time.

          >You might look at Eric's "Underline title" in Utilities

          No way! I want YOURS. I.e. - I like this simple one better.

          Does it work for you with 4.8? I have some other peculiarities. Perhaps this is just another.

          Lotta
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 30, 2000
            Hi Lotta,

            >Got it from you...

            OIC 8D

            >No way! I want YOURS. I.e. - I like this simple one better.

            Well, excuuuuuzze ME! :)

            > Does it work for you with 4.8?

            4.81 and better, But I have never noticed it broke and use
            it quite often.

            Is your text starting in column one? Can you send an example of
            the input/output please?

            For instance:

            Click with cursor anywhere on "Test":

            Test
            ¯¯¯¯

            Click with cursor anywhere on " Test":

            Test
            ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

            I can make it to do the latter, but it is not built to do that.

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 30, 2000
              Jody,

              >Well, excuuuuuzze ME! :)

              Accepted.

              >Is your text starting in column one? Can you send an >example of
              >the input/output please?

              Doesn't matter where it starts. Same thing happens. Worked OK until installing 4.8 (now 4.81). Not too hard to correct, but...

              Hello Jody!

              Hello Jody!
              ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

              See what YOU have done!

              Regards,

              Lotta
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 30, 2000
                Hello Lotta

                >Hello Jody!
                >
                >Hello Jody!
                > ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
                >
                >See what YOU have done!

                :)

                Put this line on top of the Clip. What appears to have happened
                is Eric change the default setup to indent on paste or you
                changed it or it mysteriously got checked. <g>

                ^!SetPasteIndent Off

                H=Underline
                ^!SetPasteIndent Off
                ^!Jump Line_End
                ^!InsertText ^P^$StrFill(¯;^$GetLineSize$)$

                c ya,
                Jody

                The whole world doth err save you
                and me and even thou doest err some!

                http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
              • Lotta
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 30, 2000
                  Jody,

                  >is Eric change the default setup to indent on paste or >you changed it or it mysteriously got checked. <g>

                  Not ME. Leaves Eric or faith or both. But you're right again. Indent on paste was checked. Didn't think of it - never used/touched it.

                  BUT. This leads to the Next Mystery. Your Underline is the only item that get indented when pasted. Or does Indent on paste only work together with selection?

                  What about THAT?

                  Lotta
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 30, 2000
                    Hi Lotta,

                    >> is Eric change the default setup to indent on paste or you
                    >> changed it or it mysteriously got checked. <g>
                    >
                    > Not ME.

                    Of course not; user is never wrong. :) I think Eric changed the
                    default and if so, I wish he would change it back, hello Eric. ;)
                    It causes a lot of extra eMail and time spent troubleshooting
                    problems.

                    > BUT. This leads to the Next Mystery. Your Underline is the only
                    > item that get indented when pasted. Or does Indent on paste
                    > only work together with selection?
                    >
                    > What about THAT?

                    It sure does not seem to be working right to me. According to
                    the way I remember it when testing ions ago and with Help, the
                    first two lines should get indented because it is "multiple
                    lines" like Help says is needed. The others build the indent
                    larger. Try putting the ^p in different places and you will see
                    all kinds of strange effects. It might just be my
                    misunderstanding, but it sure does not appear to be right.

                    Indent line 1
                    Indent line 2
                    ^!InsertText ^pIndent line 3^p
                    ^!InsertText Indent line 4
                    ^!InsertText ^pIndent line 5^pIndent line 6

                    There is no indent with this whatsoever. I would expect all
                    the lines to get indented to whatever I have it set to.

                    <DIR>
                    Indent line 1
                    Indent line 2
                    </DIR>

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 30, 2000
                      Jody,

                      >Of course not; user is never wrong. :)
                      Correct!

                      >It sure does not seem to be working right to me.
                      I'm OK. Just wondering. Don't intend to indent much.

                      BTW - what is the full name of that window over on "Basic Clip Basics" - Editor Clipbook Library Window <g>?

                      Thanks for your help

                      Lotta
                    • Eric G.V. Fookes
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 1 9:11 AM
                        Hi Lotta,

                        >Your Underline clip doesn't behave correctly with 4.8. It's pasted on the
                        >line below selected text, but not aligned under the selection but
                        >immediately to the right if it.
                        >
                        >Can you tell me, please, how to alter it so it will work as before? I have
                        >tried ;)

                        >Underline
                        >^!Jump Line_End
                        >^!InsertText ^P^$StrFill(¯;^$GetLineSize$)$

                        There is unfortunately a small bug causing this when the "Indent on Paste"
                        option is set. I'm fixing it in the upcoming NoteTab v4.82 release....

                        Regards,
                        Eric Fookes
                        NoteTab v4.81 available from