Re: [Clip] Wizards

  • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2000
      Wren McMains <wren@...> wrote:
      >Hi Clip Wizard wizards,
      >
      >Wizards get executed before the rest of the clip, but
      >I want to test the user's wizard input, and if I don't
      >like it send him back to try filling in the wizard again.
      >Just transferring back to the wizard doesn't work, is
      >there any way to tell NT to re-execute a wizard?
      >
      >Maybe I could put the wizard in a clip subroutine and
      >keep calling it until I get answers I like?
      >
      >-Wren

      If you use the command ^!SetScreenUpdate OFF
      the wizard will remain on the screen after the user
      clicks okay or cancel. After verifying the input, redisplay
      the wizard with all the previously valid input set as default
      values. A screen update is forced the moment a wizard is
      displayed, but to the user it appears that only a single
      wizard is present, albeit a more interactive one.

      You can find examples in my Project Manager clip. (Which
      still has a bug that I need to find a fix. The bug causes
      it to create an excessive number of ini file entries.)

      --
      Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen