Re: [Clip] Re: Where to Begin, the never ending question

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 29, 2000

      > Single Click to Paste makes it so you only have to click on the
      > Clip once to execute it. I will see if Eric can change that to
      > "Single Click to Execute" since there may not be anything to
      > paste into the document. When the option is unchecked one has to
      > double click the Clip to execute it.
      >
      > The advantage when checked is single clicking.
      > The disadvantage when checked is you cannot drag/drop Clips to
      > change the order of them in the Library or drop them into the
      > focused document to paste.

      Thanks. I got it now. Mine has always been on double click, I never
      changed from what the default originally was. I think I'll leave it that
      way. I do not mind 2 clicking (to launch/execute) especially since the
      other advantages also remain available.

      I agree with you, I think it would been/be less confusing to me personally
      if a word such as run/launch/execute be used instead of the word paste. (In
      my mind the word paste limits it to a clipboard or windows clipboard type of
      an action as opposed to the running of a clip). I formerly did not know
      that it had to do with the running of a clip. Now I understand.

      This is cool, so much ability to customize our own settings to the method or
      way that each of us prefers on an individual basis. Allows for
      individuality. I think it would be attractive to potential customers of the
      product too.

      Thanks. Alan.