[Clip] Re: NoteTab Pro 4.6 pre-release (registered upgrade)

  • Norma Armstrong
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 20, 1999

      > Please tell me if you experience any problems with the new wrapper program
      > or Notetab Pro 4.6. Thanks for your feedback.
      >

      > Regards,
      > Eric Fookes
      > -----------

      The program works great. I love it! However the help file is missing the
      entry for !RecycleFile. When you click it to find help for the function it
      goes to the page it's supposed to be on but the entry is not there. So
      that's the only problem I've found so far.

      Happy Camper,
      Norma

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
    • Eric G.V. Fookes
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 20, 1999
        Hi Norma,

        >The program works great. I love it!

        Good :-)

        >However the help file is missing the
        >entry for !RecycleFile. When you click it to find help for the function it
        >goes to the page it's supposed to be on but the entry is not there. So
        >that's the only problem I've found so far.

        Strange. I have it correctly listed when I search for that item.

        Regards,
        Eric Fookes
        -----------
        NoteTab v4.52 available from

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 20, 1999
          Hi Eric and Norma,

          >>However the help file is missing the entry for !RecycleFile.
          >>When you click it to find help for the function it goes to
          >>the page it's supposed to be on but the entry is not there.
          >>So that's the only problem I've found so far.
          >
          >Strange. I have it correctly listed when I search for that
          >item.

          ^!RecycleFile
          That brings up "Read Only (commandline option) without the ^!
          in the find field.

          RecycleFile
          Same thing with that.

          I can get to it by manually typing in ^!RecycleFile though
          under the Index tab.

          Bye for now,
          Jody Adair
          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

          http://www.sureword.com/sojourner/
          http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611/
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab/

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 20, 1999
            I wonder if my help file got properly upgraded then. There's a few entries I
            haven't been able to access (it points to the wrong page). I know the
            program did though. Thanks for the reply.

            Norma

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 20, 1999
              Hi Norma,

              >I wonder if my help file got properly upgraded then. There's a few entries I
              >haven't been able to access (it points to the wrong page). I know the
              >program did though. Thanks for the reply.

              Check the dates of the files NoteTab.Hlp and NoteTab.Cnt; they should be
              the same.

              Regards,
              Eric Fookes

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 22, 1999
                I had to manually delete the Helpfile and associated files (*.CNT and GID)
                and let the install program install the new one then. The helpfile works now
                as expected :) Thought I'd let everybody know in case their help file still
                acts weird even though they upgraded.