Re: [Clip] FtpZip Library

  • Lawrence M Hamilton, Jr.
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2000
      Hi Jody,

      On Tue, 04 Apr 2000 23:30:19 -0500 Jody <KJB1611@...> writes:
      <snip>

      > my latest FtpZip Library. It now supports
      > Ws_Ftp Pro if anybody is interested in testing:
      >
      > Last update on 04-03-2000 This version has been tested with:
      >
      > Ws_Ftp Pro v6.05 and Ws_FtpLE v5.08/v4.04.
      > NoteTab version 4.6a and above.
      >
      > http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/ftpzip.zip

      One suggestion I would make - Have a way to select all or from all open
      files. Also have a way to select from a directory, more than one file at
      a time. I often (Most of the time, actually) have multiple files to
      upload. I have used WSFTPLE for a few years now. I normally go into it an
      just highlight all the files to upload and send them all at once, usually
      a directory at a time.

      Having something like that from a clip would be VERY nice. (If you
      couldn't tell, that was a hint. <g>)

      I like the part for a one-clicker, it is great for those times when there
      is one file to send, just have it focused and away it goes!

      I have not tried the WinZip portion yet. I usually do not do much zipping
      of files, and I take care of unzipping them after download (lots of clip
      libraries <g>).

      Thanks!

      Larry Hamilton, Jr. lmhamilton@...
      http://www.HamiltonGenSociety.org/
      My Web Site: http://notlimaH.tripod.com

      Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2000
        Hi Lawrence,

        (Harvey, I cannot get through on your regular account either.)

        >> http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/ftpzip.zip
        >
        > One suggestion I would make - Have a way to select all or from
        > all open files. Also have a way to select from a directory,
        > more than one file at a time.

        I can do that via commandline for Pro, but have not figured out a
        way for LE other than keep running each file as a separate
        upload. If I have more than a half dozen the I just use the Clip
        to launch Ws_Ftp and do it the normal way. If I only have a
        handful to do then I just keep switch tabs and hitting the one-
        clicker. I have had about a dozen copies of Ws_FtpLe open at one
        time transferring like that. ;) I think there is a setting to
        limit the number of simultaneous transfers and the others are
        just queued. I can also set a limit in a clip and have it do a
        slow loop until Ws_FtpLe shuts down and then do the next group.
        since it is all done in the background it is no big deal. I just
        don't know if it is worth the coding. Maybe people would have a
        use for it. On the hand, Pro is real easy to do and I already
        have all the code I just need to piece it together and add a few
        lines.

        > Having something like that from a clip would be VERY nice. (If
        > you couldn't tell, that was a hint. <g)

        Yes, for Pro. I will do it for LE, if I ever figure out a better
        method. I don't think LE supports the -m switch though.

        > I have not tried the WinZip portion yet. I usually do not do
        > much zipping of files, and I take care of unzipping them after
        > download (lots of clip libraries <g>).

        I'll need to update the WinZip Clips so you can check what files
        you want extracted and to where. You can download 50 Libraries
        then and extract them all in one pass. <bg>

        Thanks!
        Jody

        Clean-Funnies: click and send...
        mailto:CF@...?subject=Subscribe